walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Postby Johnoneill1916 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ìme

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 20/07/2019

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 14.75 km

Ascent: 1207m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started off at 0630 from Succoth car park on a dreich morning with Froach. Headed up the Coire a'Bhalachain path taking a right after a couple of hundred yards making a Bee line up through the woods towards Narnain. I think I walked up the burn for most of the way through the smirry rain. The rain soon stopped and I was soon clear of the trees with reasonable views of Arrochar and Loch Long. The path was reasonable for most of the way despite the weather which by now was pretty good although visibilty went from a couple of hundred feet to perfect in the space of a few minutes :crazy:

P1510668_stitch (2).jpg

Arrochar and Loch Long

P1510694.JPG

The next challenge looming

P1510697.JPG

I'd smile too with that view :lol:

This was pretty much a constant climb all the way with only one descent before the final section. There was a wee bit of light scrambling here and there but the dogs four legs were for quicker than my two :lol: It wasn't long before I was at the top and a wee 5 minutes for photos and a snack :)

P1510703 (3).JPG

At the top of Beinn Narnain

Started the descent down towards the bealach and along the path to Beinn Ime. Once through the gate the ascent began. This was boggy for most of the way. It was about halfway up that I met the first person of the day. There was a lot of restoration works going on here and things are starting to take shape.

P1510724 (2).JPG

At the top of Beinn Ime

P1510728 (2).JPG

Unfortunately I couldn't see anyone to push me down

P1510748.JPG

The Cobbler

P1510766_stitch.jpg

The hills on the far side of Loch Long

After another quick break at the top the descent began down through the bog and I only fell on my arse twice :lol: Soon we were back at the gate and onto the good dry path. The return was back down the Coire a'Bhalachain path. From the turn off for the North path to for the Cobbler to the carpark was mobbed and passed well in excess of 100 people. This was way too busy for my liking so when I get round to doing the Cobbler it will be a very early start and dog free :roll: The path all the way down was great and its easy to understand its popularity. Another great walk in the Scottish hills! :D
Johnoneill1916
Bird-watcher

Munros:11   Corbetts:4
Fionas:5   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:17   
Islands:7

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland