walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The duo becomes a trio (well for one day anyway).

The duo becomes a trio (well for one day anyway).

Postby johnscot55 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Route description: Dumyat by the hill path

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumyat

Date walked: 21/07/2019

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 290m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

For various reasons it doesn't look likely I will be able to get out on a hill this coming week, but was still anxious to do almost any walk on Sunday. With my walking buddy, grandson Matthew, playing football till 1pm, and the weather seemingly worsening around 4pm, we decided to go local and visit Dumyat for the umpteenth time. The other reason for doing Dumyat was that for the first time I was going to take Matthew's little brother Callan (4) for his first hillwalk, so was obviously looking for something relatively easy and straightforward. I usually do Dumyat from the Blairlogie carpark as my local legstretcher and had read and also noted from the summit, that the path from the Sheriffmuir road was much improved, so it was a good choice for Callan.
Despite on and off drizzle and some threatening looking showers appearing to be falling all around us, we made it up and down just before the rain came on more steadily, although at the summit it was very windy, so, concerned that Callan might blow away, we didn't hang around. We descended a bit for shelter so Callan (and Matthew) could get his reward of juice and a packet of Skips :D A nice afternoon!
20190721_143218.jpg
20190721_144119.jpg
20190721_152212.jpg
20190721_152301.jpg
20190721_154241.jpg
johnscot55
Mountain Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:8   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland