walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Spartleton

Spartleton

Postby rob munbett » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Spartleton

Date walked: 21/07/2019

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 9.66 km

Ascent: 343m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Having enjoyed my walks on Dirrington Great Law and Meikle Says Law earlier in the day, I drove round to the Whiteadder Res. to complete my day's trio on Spartleton. I knew there was a route up from the south but I decided to drive a bit further on to park in good space near a track heading up Bothwell Hill and over point 414 to approach the hill from the east.
P1040309(1).JPG
The distant Spartleton
It was a pleasant stroll on a good (if a bit stony) vehicle track which led right to the summit trig.
P1040306(1).JPG
Spartleton summit
P1040308(1).JPG
The walk out
This route was quite a bit longer, though, and as the wind picked up and the rain started on the walk out I began to wonder if I had done the right thing but I was soon back at the car and after a final snack and plenty of fluid, it was time for the journey back to Glasgow after a successful day out in a previously unvisited part of the country.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland