walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Chonzie....YES!!.

Ben Chonzie....YES!!.

by dooterbang » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Route description: Ben Chonzie via Glen Lednock

Munros included on this walk: Ben Chonzie

Date walked: 15/01/2011

Time taken: 4.15 hours

Distance: 12.5 km

Ascent: 855m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben Chonzie....YES!!.

Postby dooterbang » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

malky_c wrote:Glad you finally made it up Ben Chonzie :)
There's actually some nice colours in the early photos - I'm guessing that didn't continue further up the hill :lol:

You guessed correctly :lol:

Didnt see a thing, just hares darting around :)
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby dooterbang » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 pm

happyhiker wrote:What kind of camera you thinking about getting and what kind just died? I'm starting to get back into my photography - barely taken a picture in months but have a new fish eye lens to play with :)

I use a 3 year old £100 battered Panasonic Lumix :(
Not really into photography but enjoy taking snaps of the hills and landscapes.
Was looking at a Panasonic TZ10 - at £200 its cheap and cheerful. I post edit my photos using ACDsee 3 pro.

happyhiker wrote:Weekend great so far - was back to work, finally - after all these months off! So chilled weekend of making fresh pasta! (i rock!)
How about you?

I'm wrecked - had one botlle of Budvar Dark :lol:

Just chilling at mo. Prob hit the gym mora aft for a run, then a movie at night.

I love pasta, hope its veggie?

Didn't realize you where a lady of leisure :lol:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby happyhiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 am

dooterbang wrote:I use a 3 year old £100 battered Panasonic Lumix :(
Not really into photography but enjoy taking snaps of the hills and landscapes.
Was looking at a Panasonic TZ10 - at £200 its cheap and cheerful. I post edit my photos using ACDsee 3 pro.

I'm wrecked - had one botlle of Budvar Dark :lol:

Just chilling at mo. Prob hit the gym mora aft for a run, then a movie at night.

I love pasta, hope its veggie?

Didn't realize you where a lady of leisure :lol:

Panasonic is a good camera and that's easy enough to take with you up a hill - lats thing you need is bogged down with chunky camera stuff! Esp if you are on yer buns of steel that often :lol:

Lightweight - one beer and yer wrecked! mind you I've barely had a beer in last wee while - need to get back into training, for hills and drinking!
I've been back in gym - can finally swim and am on the bike (though one firmly planted on the ground for now). :lol:
What movie you planning??
Tonight's pasta was homemade cannelloni with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella :-) very yummy of i do say so myself. See all these days of leisure and i can do tasty homemade - that wont last now i'm back at work!!
I'm chilling tonight as tomorrow will see my family descend on me for a big Sunday lunch!
happyhiker
Mountaineer

Munros:22   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1

Postby dooterbang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:21 am

happyhiker wrote:
Lightweight - one beer and yer wrecked! mind you I've barely had a beer in last wee while - need to get back into training, for hills and drinking!
I've been back in gym - can finally swim and am on the bike (though one firmly planted on the ground for now). :lol:
What movie you planning??
Tonight's pasta was homemade cannelloni with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella :-) very yummy of i do say so myself. See all these days of leisure and i can do tasty homemade - that wont last now i'm back at work!!
I'm chilling tonight as tomorrow will see my family descend on me for a big Sunday lunch!

I am a lightweight :( :( :( :(

Prob head to the GFT and see It's kind of a funny story or the Kings speech, i go once a week - love indie and foriegn film.

that dish sounds lovely, you'll make a good wife - if arn't already :lol:

Seems like your turning into Nigella Lawson :lol: :shock:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby happyhiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:31 am

dooterbang wrote:
happyhiker wrote:
that dish sounds lovely, you'll make a good wife - if arn't already :lol:

Seems like your turning into Nigella Lawson :lol: :shock:

Nigella eat yer heart out! - domestic goddess I am!! (hmm, that may be a slight lie) :lol: and bypassing the blatant 50's stereotype :lol: no i aint a wife - only moi to appreciate my skills this evening!

Kings Speech looks really good - let me know what it's like if you see it. I'm off to see 127 hours next week.
happyhiker
Mountaineer

Postby dooterbang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 am

happyhiker wrote:
Kings Speech looks really good - let me know what it's like if you see it. I'm off to see 127 hours next week.

caught 127hours last week. Enjoyed the last 10mins of it. As a story its great but the film for me was a let down, enjoy Danny Boyle films too.. Didn't delve into his past enough. Did make me research the guy though when home. Monsters was a fab film, out recently.

You leave some of that pasta for others :)
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby happyhiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 am

dooterbang wrote:
happyhiker wrote:

caught 127hours last week. Enjoyed the last 10mins of it. As a story its great but the film for me was a let down, enjoy Danny Boyle films too.. Didn't delve into his past enough. Did make me research the guy though when home. Monsters was a fab film, out recently.

You leave some of that pasta for others :)

ah that does not fill me with joy to go see it now - will see what happens!
There's plenty spare - I've made enough pasta, of varying types too, to feed a bloody army!! Will be eating it for weeks now, no doubt :lol:
happyhiker
Mountaineer

Postby dooterbang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 am

happyhiker wrote:ah that does not fill me with joy to go see it now

Everyone has there own take on it. You may love it, others do. I think the guy didn't want too much given away about himself as he has a book written about his experience which also delves into his carachter more.

Ching Ching :)
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby Alastair S » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:38 am

happyhiker wrote:I've been back in gym - can finally swim and am on the bike (though one firmly planted on the ground for now). :lol:

Glad to hear you're on the mend :D
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Postby Alastair S » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 am

dooterbang wrote:Was looking at a Panasonic TZ10 - at £200 its cheap and cheerful

Looks like a good spec for the money. Got a Lumix DMC-FS-62 (for my wife) for nearly half the price of the TZ10 & it does a really good job. Don't have much of a zoom but for landscape photos its fine.
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Postby monty » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 am

Well done on getting out again Dooterbang. Conditions did not sound nice at all though. Good effort. :D
monty

Postby dooterbang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 am

Alastair S wrote:
dooterbang wrote:Was looking at a Panasonic TZ10 - at £200 its cheap and cheerful

Looks like a good spec for the money. Got a Lumix DMC-FS-62 (for my wife) for nearly half the price of the TZ10 & it does a really good job. Don't have much of a zoom but for landscape photos its fine.

Yeah Al its the zoom im after. You know what its like in remote areas and you see a belter of a hill in the distance :) :)
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby dooterbang » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:56 am

monty wrote:Well done on getting out again Dooterbang. Conditions did not sound nice at all though. Good effort. :D

Thnaks Monty. Shorter walks are fine when you have all the correct clothing on - i did go through 3 pairs of gloves though :shock: :lol: :lol:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Postby happyhiker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Alastair S wrote:
happyhiker wrote:I've been back in gym - can finally swim and am on the bike (though one firmly planted on the ground for now). :lol:

Glad to hear you're on the mend :D

Thanks Alastair - just need to get out and get a walk report up soon!! :)
happyhiker
Mountaineer

Postby iainwatson » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm

dooterbang wrote:
rockhopper wrote:well done dooterbang...........but you must be off your trolley :lol: :lol: I took one look at the forecast and decided that shopping, kids' taxi service and bike servicing were more my cup of tea this weekend. Hmmmm....maybe you had the right idea after all :eh:

well done you, taking time out to do your duties :lol:

Was only 4 hours on the hills so was really enjoyable, i wonder if it was 8hours would i be still loving it :? :D

I was down to do 2 hills in Bridge of Orchy but my mate pulled out when he lookes at MWIS. Then he texts me earlier and tells me he got his football coupon up, sometimes it pays not to walk :lol:

me and my pal braved the conditions at bridge of orchy,was a very wet,very windy day and just at the col the wind was so bad it nearly lifted us off our feet! still enjoyed being out mind you :D
iainwatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland