walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall na h-Eilde and Geal Charn

Meall na h-Eilde and Geal Charn

Postby Coop » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Geal Charn (Arkaig), Meall na h-Eilde

Fionas included on this walk: Glas Bheinn (Loch Arkaig)

Date walked: 05/08/2019

Time taken: 6.6 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 1290m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Early rise and drive up to the parking area and had a 45minute snooze until the rain eased up.
And it did, and I was off. Later start than normal for me.
Down to the stream and hang a right just before it.
Glas Bheinn or not?, that was the question!!
Yes says me- at the high point on the path I hung a right and headed kinda straight up- steeply!! And this is basically the end of any path until you come back across the stream at the end.
Up to the summit and skirt round the corrie fir a bit and head down losing a fair big of ascent you've just worked hard for.
Over the stream and the steady pull up Meall na h-Eilde.the jacket went on and off a few times as downpours came and went. Bottoms stayed off as it was humid enough. My legs could dry later.
An old fenceline at the summit takes you all the way to Gael Charn.
Just a point about the decent. If you're lucky enough to pick up a very faint ATV track folliw it till a marker post and bear left and down towards the stream. Pick a point and get over- hopefully with dry feet.
Back up to the path and rejoin the way in.
Good walk today, no views really after Glas Bheinn but that was expected with low cloud and showers forecast all over today.
Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Re: Meall na h-Eilde and Geal Charn

Postby Graeme D » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:50 pm

At least you remembered that the Graham was there. I walked right round it doing the Corbetts and never clicked. :roll:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Re: Meall na h-Eilde and Geal Charn

Postby Coop » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Graeme D wrote:At least you remembered that the Graham was there. I walked right round it doing the Corbetts and never clicked. :roll:

Wish id looked at other hills beside other hills when I'd started rather than just focusing on the one(s) I was getting/ bagging today
I think most do that we set out.
Now it's a case of " have I enough energy fior another ascent" :D
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland