walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

a lesson learned

a lesson learned

Postby SamMiller89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Knockdolian

Date walked: 17/08/2019

Time taken: 1 hours

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Me and my Brother MJ and the dog where out bagging some subs and this beauty was on our hit list.as it was a lovely day we decided not to take our kit bags with our waterproofs in it. we managed to park in a lay by next to the gate to the field in which you walk up. on entering the filed you head to the top where you will see another gate to your top left an though it you go to this deciving hill

As you make your way up you think you can see the top but no this is a trick getting played on us from the prehistoric lump in the landscape. eventually after around 3 of these false summits we made it to the top. What a stunning view but of in the distance over the sea e could see the rain and of curse our waterproofs where in the car so we stayed up there for a minute or 2 the headed down and got drenched in the matter of seconds but we eventually made it to the car a wee bit wet.

this is such a great lesson to us and a beauty of a hill to walk, these days out removes from the rat race and bring us back to nature and the wonders of our beautiful country. for me and my brother this is our way of resetting the day o day stresses of life to share this with him is amazing. We are no way near as fit as we want to be but we will get there.

so go an get out there and find yourself and make sure you bring a jacket with you . 8) 8) 8)
SamMiller89
Munro compleatist

Munros:2   
Sub 2000:15   
Islands:2

Re: a lesson learned

Postby Pastychomper » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:10 am

A valuable lesson indeed ! :lol:
You can always trust the Scottish weather, you just can't trust it to do what you expect.
Pastychomper
Wanderer

Munros:5   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:8   
Islands:5

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland