walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The hill with the really long name

The hill with the really long name

Postby Coop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Liath Mhor a'Ghiubhais Li

Date walked: 09/09/2019

Time taken: 3.1 hours

Distance: 8.65 km

Ascent: 524m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Day 5 up north
Weather wasn't to be great today. I left forestway and drove along to the parking area and sat and sat and sat. Rain finally eased and I put the waterproofs on and off I went - up that wet boggy hillside!!!
Not much to add about this hill
Views of the fannichs in front cane and went in the mist , but at least the rain had eased off.
Started descending and as per WH, you can see the bogs and hags in front. Steer left/south and round them and eventually the track and gate cone into view.
Bonus - the rain came on all the way back to the car!!!
Met a lad in his camper who was collecting driftwood. Got talking hills and canoeing ( which he was into) and he mentioned Alan Mullin whom I'd not heard off. Looked him up on line- interesting..
Anyway I'd one more day off but decided to head south and back home. Gubbed now after 5 days, and I felt a twinge in my left knee. Time for a rest, bath and a decent meal. I'll be back up north next month before the clocks go back so one less day wont matter.
Cheers
Coop
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:104
Grahams:43   Donalds:68
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland