walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Talla Donalds Day 2&3: Last Donald, Statistics & Reflections

Talla Donalds Day 2&3: Last Donald, Statistics & Reflections

by iangpark » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: White Coomb

Donalds included on this walk: Cape Law, Erie Hill , Garelet Dod, Lochcraig Head , Molls Cleuch Dod, Under Saddle Yoke, White Coomb

Date walked: 14/09/2019

Time taken: 26 hours

Distance: 33.6 km

Ascent: 2007m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Talla Donalds Day 2&3: Last Donald, Statistics & Reflect

Postby malky_c » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Congratulations 8) . I have long said I'll never finish the Donalds, but I seem to be spending most of my time within easy reach of them now, so it might happen yet :) . You have certainly found ways to make them more than just convenient bumps which you occasionally head to when the weather is poor in the Highlands.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Re: Talla Donalds Day 2&3: Last Donald, Statistics & Reflect

Postby iangpark » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:20 pm

malky_c wrote:Congratulations 8) . I have long said I'll never finish the Donalds, but I seem to be spending most of my time within easy reach of them now, so it might happen yet :) . You have certainly found ways to make them more than just convenient bumps which you occasionally head to when the weather is poor in the Highlands.

Cheers Malky! You've got a fair bit of time left :wink: I think now that I'll be moving onto bigger and better stuff I'll need to make sure to readjust the distances :lol: Some of your reports recently have got me right fired up for a proper highlands trip!
iangpark
Mountain Walker

Munros:81   Corbetts:17
Fionas:24   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:80   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:16   Islands:11

13 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland