walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Turin Hill

Turin Hill

Postby DaveH82 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Turin Hill

Date walked: 13/10/2019

Time taken: 1.25 hours

Distance: 3.66 km

Ascent: 116m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

20191013_121929.jpg
Ollie after returning the sword
After reading walk reports for this hill, I decided to climb this hill from the north and avoid the farm and angry farmer..... part of me was hoping to bump in to him though. I took Ollie (5) with me, he was excited to get to the cairn to steal the farmers sword. We avoided cows, mud and electric fences to get to the top, as we approached the summit we heard a quad approaching, Ollie dived behind a wall to avoid being seen by the farmer, I stood still, smiled and said good morning. He just looked at me and drove past. Not the confrontation I was secretly hoping for :lol: Ollie then made a break for the cairn, I was readying my phone to take a photo of him trying to pull out the sword, not expecting it to come straight out and him stand with it above his head shouting "I've got it, let's run". After 10 minutes I managed to convince him that the sword must of belonged to the soldier who's name was written on the cairns plaque, he begrudgingly agreed it was best to leave it. The farmers quad approached again, I joined Ollie's game and sat behind the wall, that'll of confused him, maybe he's still looking for us. Walked back down the way we came, trying best to avoid the cows and mud.
DaveH82
Mountain Walker

Munros:182   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:1
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland