walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Tee

Ben Tee

Postby Coop » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Tee

Date walked: 17/11/2019

Time taken: 4.3 hours

Distance: 10.63 km

Ascent: 911m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Conditions were forecast to be a bit misty in the morning, maybe some rain /snow. Good old weatherman spot on, grrrr :)
Parked up by the burn again and cut up diagonally right and up to another path to cut up diagonally right again. Boggy and wet underfoot all the way to the stile (in inverted commas).
20191117_083637.jpg

Pole lobbed through, bergan taken off, fought my way through the wee gap, bergan back on, pole retrieved, and carried on round and up. The stile debacle concludes later!
Rained a wee bit, and looking ahead I wasn't expecting any views today. Higher up a white path came into view Head for that. One set of prints in it. Up over the false summits and up to the cairn - and the snow came on. The phone came back out of its waterproof pouch at this point - I dont know why!
20191117_103112.jpg

Nothing too heavy. No views meant no hanging around, so back the same way. It cleared a bit as I looked back a few times.
A few sheep stayed in front of me for a bit down to the " stile" then they taught me a lesson, as they barged through the gate beside the stile. Had a chuckle to myself as I followed.
Back down and after 4 days it was time to head south. Rather than going through Glencoe again I opted for the Argyll coastal route and a visit to the cafe at Castle stalker viewpoint.
20191117_143330.jpg

Another castle bagged :D
Cheers
Coop
Mountaineer

Munros:259   Corbetts:95
Grahams:40   Donalds:54
Sub 2000:7   
Walk wish-list

Re: Ben Tee

Postby gld73 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am

I did Ben Tee on a beautiful summer day, but still couldn't hang around at the summit for the views as it was infested with tiny flies that surrounded me (not midges, not clegs, just annoying clouds of flies!). Surprised that stile (or how Picasso would draw a stile?!) is still there though :lol:
gld73

Munros:114   Corbetts:43
Grahams:32   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:35   Islands:13

Re: Ben Tee

Postby Grisu » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm

nice one :clap: , I like the stils-story and the pics, especially the last :D
Grisu
Munro compleatist

Munros:45   Corbetts:2
Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:27   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland