walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

It's Mountain Thyme - A Corbett Compleation on Beinn Bhan

It's Mountain Thyme - A Corbett Compleation on Beinn Bhan

Postby Chris Mac » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:10 am

Route description: Beinn Bhan, near Kishorn

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Bhan

Date walked: 16/11/2019

Time taken: 6.03 hours

Distance: 9.95 km

Ascent: 1007m

15 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Beinn-Bhan.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Anyone that knows T and has seen her posts on FB will know that she has been on a mission recently and has been ticking off her remaining Corbetts, the majority done on her own and in varied conditions. "T on...?" :)

Eventually this obsessive bagging leads in only one direction, a compleation party, starting on a hill somewhere and finishing with sore heads the next day! Before you know it a group of us were heading up to stay at Kintail for the weekend with the walk planned for the Saturday. A few of us also took the Friday off and squeezed in a hill en route to the north west highlands from different directions. In attendance were Theresa and Polly, Derek, Jonathan, Iain and myself.

Surprisingly, especially considering some of the company I was in, surrounded by mountain machines and peak condition athletes who were the original band of Walkhighlanders, we managed to keep things calm on the Friday night to ensure we didn't disappoint T and would arise in time for the big walk. I was told this was due to the bad influence of Bod not being there with Whisky! :wink:

The only thing standing in our way and ensuring the wrath of Polly (who was desperate to get going) was an amazing sunrise over the Five Sisters that morning which delayed our start!
ImageKintail-Glen Garry (4) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageKintail-Glen Garry (8) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Once done taking photos we jammed ourselves into Iain's minibus-campervan and heading to the Applecross peninsula to the start of the walk where we would be meeting up with four others; Scoob & Fi, Alison and Paul.

We parked a bit closer to the south ridge of Beinn Bhan and the others parked further up the road so we arranged to rendezvous up at the start of the ridge. The view from our lay-by parking spot was already top notch as Sgurr a' Chaorachain shows off it's corries:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (1) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (5) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Six of us started heading up the slopes and Derek was pumped for this one early doors! :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (7) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

As we headed up the pathless hillside we could make out the other 4 heading to meet us higher up. Beinn Bhan's summit is up and behind the cliffs on the right:
ImageBeinn Bhan (13) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We made our way up the pathless hll side but the terrain was fine, a little wet and rocky but a decent gradient:
ImageBeinn Bhan (17) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The white dot of the van was quickly becoming smaller behind us:
ImageBeinn Bhan (18) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Our diagonal up the way meant we were soon to cross paths with the other 4 and they were going at at much faster pace by the looks of things, someone was already looking down on us:
ImageBeinn Bhan (19) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The rest weren't far behind:
ImageBeinn Bhan (20) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

I was ahead of our group and made my way up a rocky bit, scrambling up a few bits for fun. I popped up onto the flat bit to be met with 4 Walkhighlands celebrities and joked it's like a who's who before naming Fi, Scoob, Alison and Dooterbang! :D

The rest of our group soon joined the party:
ImageBeinn Bhan (21) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We waited a good bit as everyone had a good catch up and the view wasn't too shabby even early on in the walk. Looking east towards the 5 Sisters sticking out back left, the Saddle back right and Loch Kishorn down below:
ImageBeinn Bhan (23) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We soon got going again:
ImageBeinn Bhan (24) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The early part of the ascent looks like this:
ImageBeinn Bhan (25) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Paul, Derek, Iain and I were leading the way and soon realised we were on our own again as the others had a blether break. :lol: . Repeat a few times and it took us an hour to do the first kilometre!

The four of us decided to continue setting the pace and kept moving to entice the others to join us and with the view getting better with every stop it was hard to stay still for long. Sgurr a' Chaorachain summit on our left:
ImageBeinn Bhan (27) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

They're at it again! :roll: :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (3) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Southern Torridon Hills and Liathach peeking through on our right:
ImageBeinn Bhan (30) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

To morning sun rays:
ImageBeinn Bhan (32) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

It would soon get dull again but at least it was dry and there were no small bitey things, we were all beaming at being out in winter conditions again and the snow was still to come.

The view continued like this for a while with Sgurr a' Chaorachain on the left providing a superb background for your fellow walkers:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (4) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (33) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Some of whom were still lagging behind:
ImageBeinn Bhan (34) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Paul meanwhile was pacing ahead of everyone but the lead 4 soon stopped at another level bit where we realised it would be a shame not to move south a tad to enjoy this view:
ImageBeinn Bhan (35) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Impressive:
ImageBeinn Bhan (38) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Most impressive!
ImageBeinn Bhan (39) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The others had caught us up:
ImageBeinn Bhan (40) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (42) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

As we enjoyed another break I checked out the view west as the sunlight kissed the tops of countless mountains, some of which I recognised like Bidean a' Choire Sheasgaich and Lurg Mhor which Iain, Jonny, Willie and I had explored in April:
ImageBeinn Bhan (45) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

What a morning:
ImageBeinn Bhan (49) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Looking back to where we are staying and the stunning Kintail peaks:
ImageBeinn Bhan (51) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Further to the right, now looking south east, Derek took great joy in pointing out Beinn Sgritheall which he had summited the day before in envious conditions and right next to it is Ladhar Bheinn and Knoydart, superb!
ImageBeinn Bhan (53) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

With yet another break over and Paul joking that we'll get to use head torches on the descent, we set off once more into the snow:
ImageBeinn Bhan (56) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (58) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We were following a snowy path now as we approached Beinn Bhan's South Corbett top, also a Tump as I discussed with Scoob and Fi who were also ardent hill-baggers so we had naturally gravitated together and were quickly discussing true summits, Simms and the like. Alison was in good company! :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (59) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The view south had changed slightly as we moved along:
ImageBeinn Bhan (60) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Now we were over the 650m mark it was mor exposed so we all stopped to put on extra layers and winter protection, still in awe at the vista north towards the Torridon giants:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (7) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

All wrapped up and toasty, nothing was going to stop us now:
ImageBeinn Bhan (61) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (8) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (62) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (64) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Paul blazing a trail in front with the summit of the South Top being bypassed to the left. Scoob and Fi said not to worry we'd bag the Top on the way back down:
ImageBeinn Bhan (66) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The view was about to get even more incredible:
ImageBeinn Bhan (67) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The next section looks steep and a few curse words were uttered, mainly from Jonny who doesn't really like Corbetts apparently! :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (69) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Starting with a slight distraction, the A' Choich ridge! :shock: One for a dry summer day that's for sure but it looks like scrambling heaven from here:
ImageBeinn Bhan (71) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Behold... Beinn Bhan! :clap:
ImageBeinn Bhan (72) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We were all in awe and running out of adjectives to describe the beauty:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (9) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The A' Choich ridge again with Torridon the backdrop:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (12) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

As scary as that may look for some, wait until you see the next ridge up, A' Phiot once we get closer to the summit:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (13) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Wow:
ImageBeinn Bhan (75) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The really steep looking bit, on closer inspection, turned out to be not so steep as is often the case:
ImageBeinn Bhan (77) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Now we were higher up and Torridon was directly north it would be a crime not to have a closer look:
ImageBeinn Bhan (79) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (80) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Meanwhile, the walk was turning alpine: :D
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (15) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (81) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Every nook and cranny was worth checking out on the way:
ImageBeinn Bhan (82) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

To the south Skye and the Cuillin were coming into view some more:
ImageBeinn Bhan (83) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (17) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

At around 810m we reach a thin section of the ridge and it's a cracker, this is the hill that keeps on giving, we were all constantly commenting on what a superb maountain and final Corbett it was:
ImageBeinn Bhan (90) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (92) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

By the grimace, Iain is feeling the cold, or his sore ankle, or both!
ImageBeinn Bhan (93) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Knoydart and the eastern tip of Skye:
ImageBeinn Bhan (95) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The final pull up to the summit with Paul still leading the way:
ImageBeinn Bhan (97) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

T in her bobble hat with her gang, enjoying a classic meander, or should that be Corbett Cruise? :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (98) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Torridon and Coulin Hills, I just wish it was a bit sunnier but we are all happy with clear, dry and not that breezy. As the view down the corries is so good I divert from everyone else and follow the line of the crags along to where A' Choich meets the main ridge:
ImageBeinn Bhan (99) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Looking directly west down Coire na Feola, the big snowy hills behind Sgurr a' Gharaidh are the Monar Munros Iain and I climbed a few weeks before the Attadale trip
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (21) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

It was well worth the slight detour off the main path:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (22) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

I managed to find some deep snow drifts by going off-piste which wasn't great as one resulted in snow going over my boots since I hadn't bothered to put my gaiters on yet, there had been no need, until now: :roll:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (23) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

A' Phiot ridge now below the summit, looking more fearsome than A' Choich next door! Definitely one for taking ropes and knowing what you are doing:
ImageBeinn Bhan (102) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Every one of us was blown away by the views, both near and far:
ImageBeinn Bhan (106) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Time to rejoin the path for an easier final stretch to the summit:
ImageBeinn Bhan (107) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Perfect timing to catch the others with Skye, Rum and more in the background now:
ImageBeinn Bhan (108) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Iain! Say cheese:
ImageBeinn Bhan (110) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

From The Saddle back left to Beinn Sgritheall and Ladhar Bheinn on the right, plus a few Munro Meanderers sneaking up a Corbett: :wink:
ImageBeinn Bhan (111) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The sun was now being fully blocked to our south but that cracking view remained:
ImageBeinn Bhan (112) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Approaching the summit now, it has a shelter cairn! I love it when that happens: :clap: :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (113) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Beinn Bhan summit, party imminent:
ImageBeinn Bhan (114) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Looking down Coire na Poite with its multiple Lochan na Poite's:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (24) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Photo time for every one:
ImageBeinn Bhan (118) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

A' Choich ridge in winter, not advisable, unless you are Dave MacLeod or similar: :shock: :crazy:
ImageBeinn Bhan (119) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

What a backdrop, Fiona and Alison in their element:
ImageBeinn Bhan (120) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Here comes the bobble hat:
ImageBeinn Bhan (121) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

An approaching the summit video:
https://flic.kr/p/2hMCV6S

Some kind of Greek Goddess statue appears to be atop the trig point! :wink:
ImageBeinn Bhan (122) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

With the soon to be famous one fast approaching it was time for things to get a little surreal: :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (123) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Here she comes, under the classic walking pole tunnel (sorry I was part of the tunnel and couldn't film it but I think Derek or Scoob did) and onto the trig point where the Saltire is held aloft:
ImageBeinn Bhan (124) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Congratulations Theresa! :clap: :clap: :clap: An amazing achievement!
ImageBeinn Bhan (125) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Enjoy and soak in the view:
ImageBeinn Bhan (126) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Of yourself! :shock: :crazy: :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (127) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Another summit video to freak people out with us all wearing our Theresa masks! :D
https://flic.kr/p/2hMCKF9

Stuart got his drone out as those that need fuel for big walks rested and had lunch around the trig point shelter cairn, required on a big hill with a large flat summit area like this:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (33) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

From what I can gather, Derek normally does this with David Sothern who wasn't chuffed a Theresa taking his place! :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (34) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

With lunch over and everyone enjoying a good blether while ogling at the 360 panorama from the Outer Hebrides to Ben Nevis, it was time to end the fun and head back down the hill :( and by end the fun I mean race back to Ratagan to enjoy some top scran and celebrate T's success! :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (128) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Scoob and Fi, mountain goats in their natural habitat:
ImageBeinn Bhan (129) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Back down across the tundra we go:
ImageBeinn Bhan (131) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Still running out of adjectives to describe the view all around us:
ImageBeinn Bhan (133) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Approaching the thin ridge section again:
ImageBeinn Bhan (138) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Jonny decided he would take the safe option:
ImageBeinn Bhan (140) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The ridge looks even better on the way down as T does a wee pole dance to celebrate! :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (141) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Especially good in wide-angle:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (35) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

That's where you went wrong Jonny, you took the tricky branch of the path: :wink:
ImageBeinn Bhan (142) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Beinn Bhan South Top ahead of us now:
ImageBeinn Bhan (143) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

After we pass Bobsleigh Gulley that is! :shock:
ImageBeinn Bhan (144) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Not as noticeable during the ascent, we spot an obvious photo opportunity and Derek grasps it first:
ImageBeinn Bhan (146) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Better get a move on Derek, the Corbett Queen is claiming this photo op: :clap:
ImageBeinn Bhan (148) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Mountain Thyme, Queen of the big hills:
ImageBeinn Bhan (149) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We have all decided, we love Beinn Bhan:
ImageBeinn Bhan (150) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (151) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

With the photo shoot done, it's time to bag a Corbett top, Tump and Simm on the way down:
ImageBeinn Bhan (154) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Sgurr a' Chaorachain, both Corbetts are very similar:
ImageBeinn Bhan (156) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Dooterbang leading the way is already next to the top:
ImageBeinn Bhan (157) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Still plenty of daylight left:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (38) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The view of the walk, there were plenty of them, but this topped the lot for me:
ImageBeinn Bhan (160) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We're now at that stage of the walk where you are leaving the good stuff behind, but this is balanced by the quick and easy descent and thoughts of the usual after-hike routine and a good catch up with fellow walkers: :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (162) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Descending the South Top:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (39) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (164) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Derek, another one in his element and it's been a braw couple of days walking for him! :clap:
ImageBeinn Bhan (166) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Starting to leave the snow now:
ImageBeinn Bhan (168) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

ImageBeinn Bhan (169) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

There's the van, dead centre! A few groans are heard, it's so far away! Par for the course on almost any walk. :lol:
ImageBeinn Bhan (170) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

We decide we'll not retrace our diagonal route up but will head further down the ridge, along the faint path, then take a sharp right down to the van:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (40) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

It's miles away! :D Scoob, Fi and Alison decide to leave us at this point and head on a direct route to their van down near the shore:
ImageBeinn Bhan (176) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Paul was back at his car by this point I think. :lol:

One last look north east to Maol Chean-Dearg, An Ruadh-Stac and Fuar Tholl:
ImageBeinn Bhan (179) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

One last look at Loch Kishorn:
ImageBeinn Bhan Applecross (42) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Princess Mountain Thyme, long and hard did she quest to conquer the Corbetts: :D
ImageBeinn Bhan (182) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Sgurr a' Chaorachain:
ImageBeinn Bhan (183) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The route down was a lot more scenic than our route up:
ImageBeinn Bhan (184) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Paul now back at the van, in his own van which was parked miles away! Derek is inbound:
ImageBeinn Bhan (186) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

The finish line, this has definitely worked up an appetitie!
ImageBeinn Bhan (187) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

A final look back at Beinn Bhan, what a mountain to finish the Corbetts on, congratulations again Theresa, it is a brilliant achievement! :clap:
ImageBeinn Bhan (188) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Iain drove us back to Ratagan where we were joined not only by T's old schooll friend Paul and Scooob and Fi but also Debbie and family, including my new best friend Henry the Spaniel! :D We had a quality evening of fun, food, drink and chat followed by an equally good breakfast. Thanks again to everyone that drove, cooked and cleaned, we all did our bit and lef the place as we found it.

Special mention to Paul the custodian too, who gave us a free postcard and share his knowledge of the area with us.

We finished the morning with a few more photos of stunning Kintail:
ImageKintail-Glen Garry (13) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Sgurr Fhuaran and co.:
ImageKintail-Glen Garry (14) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Then one the way down Iain and I stopped off to view the Loch Quaich Mountains:
ImageKintail-Glen Garry (24) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Glencoe aswell, to top off a stunning weekend in the best of company:
ImageGlencoe (4) by Chris Mac, on Flickr

Whatever you do, make sure you visit Beinn Bhan as you won't regret it. And don't ask T if she is going to be bagging Grahams or Marilyns now, well maybe leave it a few weeks! :wink:
Last edited by Chris Mac on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Mac

Munros:60   Corbetts:36
Fionas:25   Donalds:28+13
Sub 2000:74   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:21   

Re: It's Mountain Thyme - A Corbett Compleation on Beinn Bha

Postby iainwatson » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:33 pm

Brilliant report of a brilliant day,well done Theresa :clap: :clap: :clap:
iainwatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:5   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:2   

Postby scoob999 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Expertly written and funny account of a great day on the hills :clap:
Congratulations Theresa, now looking forward to seeing your Graham trip reports :lol: :lol: :lol:
scoob999
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby Mrs Scoob » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:28 pm

Fantastic report Chris; great account of a superb day! :thumbup: Congratulations again to MT :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mrs Scoob
Munro compleatist

Munros:143   Corbetts:222
Fionas:151   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:28
Wainwrights:7   Islands:22

Postby pollyh33 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Fantastic account of a momentus occasion.

You're right, MT is amazing and did so well getting a lot of those hills done on her own.

Loved the whole weekend. :D :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Sgurr » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Many congratulations MT. It's a tough list as shown by the fact that the fastest round for Munors is 39 days 9 hours, while that for Corbetts is 70 days.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby mountain thyme » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks Chris for posting this. Great account of the day. Thanks to everyone who came on the walk and thanks for the amazing gifts :o What a fabulous hill. One I will definitely return to. But defo no more lists :D
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby jonny616 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Great report Chris. Great day/weekend T and well done again :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby Silverhill » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:00 pm

Congratulations to mountain thyme! What a fine hill to compleat the corbetts on 8) :clap:
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:7   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Postby Sunset tripper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:41 am

Well done Mountain Thyme. Looked like a crackin day.
All the best. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Chris Mac » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Thanks very much everyone, it was a brilliant day out on a cracking hill with some WH legends, what more could you ask for? The location is stunning and I agree it is definitely one hill to return for, I quite fancy the A' Chioch route!

Congratulations again to Theresa. :clap: As Scoob says, looking forward to your forthcoming Grahams Or Sub2000 Marilyns adventure! :lol:
Chris Mac

Munros:60   Corbetts:36
Fionas:25   Donalds:28+13
Sub 2000:74   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:21   

Postby IreneM » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Congratulations MT, what a fabulous hill to Compleat on

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't be selling all that hill gear.....there are lots of other hill to climb :wink: :wink: :wink:

Smashing photos and films Chris :)
IreneM
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:195
Fionas:13   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:14

Postby BlackPanther » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Congratulations from us, too :clap: :clap: :clap:

And what a mountain to finish the journey!
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:268   Corbetts:182
Fionas:136   
Sub 2000:75   

Postby Cairngorm creeper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Congratulations MT and a fantastic hill to finish on. Really enjoyed the report and photos Chris, sounded like a fab day!
Cairngorm creeper
Mountain Walker

Munros:147   Corbetts:24
Fionas:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:15
Wainwrights:9   

Postby Sick Kid » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Cracking report and pics Chris from a really great day! :clap: And well done again MT especially for getting some of those big remote days done without a tent :wink:
Sick Kid
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+50
Sub 2000:364   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:13   

15 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Next

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland