walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hill of Nigg

Hill of Nigg

Postby weaselmaster » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:14 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Hill of Nigg

Date walked: 14/11/2019

Time taken: 0.75 hours

Distance: 3.9 km

Ascent: 126m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Damn - lost my camera just after climbing this. [Found it - Hooray] On way up to my brother's for the weekend, pulled off at the roundabout before Tain and drove the 6 miles through the village of Nigg to the starting point. Several SUVs parked in the field (out shooting). The waymarked path is in need of a good cutting back - gorse and other vegetation needing forced through. Onto the fields - soem locked gates to climb before the summit mound is spotted. Good views over the Dornoch Firth.
Back the same way - took about 40 minutes.

ImagePB140308 by Al, on Flickr

ImagePB140309 by Al, on Flickr

ImagePB140310 by Al, on Flickr

ImagePB140312 by Al, on Flickr

ImagePB140313 by Al, on Flickr

ImagePB140314 by Al, on Flickr

Stopped in at the Old Nigg Church to try and see the Nigg Stone (locked after 31 Oct) and that's where I must have lost my camera

hill of nigg.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

weaselmaster
Hill Bagger

Munros:270   Corbetts:145
Grahams:165   Donalds:86
Sub 2000:383   Hewitts:31
Wainwrights:15   Islands:28

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland