walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

by xpfloyd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Route description: Ben Vorlich via Loch Sloy

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Date walked: 29/01/2011

Time taken: 4.25 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Postby xpfloyd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi Alastair / Baggervance,

I wear a 1000 mile liner sock (which is dual layered to prevent blisters as mentioned by BV) and my outer sock is the brasher wool ultra 3-4 season sock. I have never had problems with blisters since switching to this combo. When Lynn started walking with me I bought her the same sock combo, however the boots are the issue.

I got her her usual size in boots but they are too small for 2 pairs of socks. We kinda knew this before heading off at the weekend but she thought she would give it a go, which was a mistake.

Boots are now going on ebay and we will get her the next size up, which will hopefully stop the problem (she was fine in her old boots on her first munro, apart from the fact they leaked :) )

Eddie
xpfloyd
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland