walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Pykestone hill circuit

Pykestone hill circuit

Postby Coop » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Donalds included on this walk: Drumelzier Law, Middle Hill, Pykestone Hill

Date walked: 24/12/2019

Time taken: 4.3 hours

Distance: 15.6 km

Ascent: 700m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Parked up at the end of the lane where there's parking for a few cars - and a notice board about "Merlin- the wizard"
Ove the wee bridge and up behind the house. A bit of drizzle - I expected a few snow flurries later, and they came.
Over the bridges and up through the gap in the trees. Tracks everywhere- take the right one unless you fancy a bit of bashing through the heather.
Left a wee message just before the summit trig for all tomorrow
20191224_100415.jpg

Bit of fence following up and down and round through a few boggy bits. And the sun finally fought it's way out
The summit post on middle hill was down so I uprighted it
20191224_105101.jpg

Now for the final hill of the day. On past the shepherd cairn and down and up to Drumelzier law.
The 2nd cairn, quite a bit past the 1st, marks the summit
20191224_113625.jpg

View over to Culter fell and Tinto I believe.

And follow the path all the way back to the bridge again, over and back to the car park.
Enjoyed this walk today.
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland