walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Gleouraich (97), Spidean Mialach (146)

Gleouraich (97), Spidean Mialach (146)

Postby johnnycool » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Munros included on this walk: Gleouraich, Spidean Mialach

Date walked: 07/06/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Campervan trip 019 2nd 2010.
From WC95 Loch Quoich W of large bridge we moved a few km to a layby NH028030 for munros 97 Gleouraich, and 146 Spidean Mialach. Initially misty but on the ascent of Sron a' Chuilinn the weather improved, no wind, clear views with some cloud around. The normal route was taken and at Munro 97 Gleouraich I found a cap which fitted me. On to the top Craig Coire na Fiar Bhealaich and then further along the ridge to Munro 146 Spidean Mialach. For the descent I headed SW keeping N of point 614 and continued to pick up the stalkers path back to the road. From there we went to the Tomdoun Hotel for lunch and then to Fort William. Overnight at the Glen Nevis camp site.
johnnycool

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland