walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Killilan, Inverinate Forest: Munros 22, 269, 167

Killilan, Inverinate Forest: Munros 22, 269, 167

Postby johnnycool » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Socach (Affric), Mullach na Dheiragain, Sgùrr nan Ceathreamhnan

Date walked: 15/06/2011

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Campervan 027 5th 2011.
From Killilan NG940303 (WC 113) I cycled with Dot in her rucsac on my back as usual to the footpath for the Falls of Glomach NH 008270. On foot then up to the Falls and following the Allt Coire-lochain to gain the ridge of Creag nan Clachan Geala. From pt 999 to the first Munro 22 Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan. This route included its two tops West Top, Stob Coire na Cloiche. I then followed the ridge in mist to the second Munro 269 An Socach. The weather cleared for an hour or so and I returned along the ridge to the bealach at NH073226. I descended to 700m and made a rising traverse to gain the ridge at bealach NH078251 and so on to the third Munro 167 Mullach na Dheiragain. During this ascent a Golden Eagle flew past with a couple of Ravens following. I descended the ridge to pt 673 so including its top Mullach Sithidh [Creag a'Choire Ard] and dropped through the crags and across the burn to gain the main path towards Iron Lodge.
From there along the track of Strath Duilleach back to my bike.
It was getting on for 9 hours on foot and Dot was tiring so for the last km to the bike she got a lift on my back. A quick descent on the bike back to Killilan and the van. Total time 10 hrs 40 min. Apart from the hour or so around 1 p.m. the route was misty. A very enjoyable day nevertheless.
johnnycool

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland