walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Four Munros from Moy Bridge 56, 98, 81, 264

Four Munros from Moy Bridge 56, 98, 81, 264

Postby johnnycool » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:27 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlachair, Càrn Dearg (Loch Pattack), Creag Pitridh, Geal chàrn (Laggan)

Date walked: 27/07/2011

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Campervan trip 028 6th 2011. Left Jean and the dogs at home.
After the Great Traverse on Skye on Monday I had an easy day on Tuesday 26 July. I left the island later on Tuesday and drove to Creag Meagaidh visitor centre in glorious weather. I spent an overnight there WC 109 and then drove on Wednesday 27 July to the car park at Moy bridge NN 433830.
Leaving the van at 06:40 I cycled to NN464812 and then set off on foot. I took a direct line to the W ridge of Beinn a Chlachair and continued to the summit (munro 56). I then descended initially E then SE and S through the crags finding a reasonable line. At the valley An Lairig I made a rising traverse to Carn Dearg munro 98 but decided not to go to its Munro top Diollaid a'Chairn. I was on this ridge on 21/02/2009 and 06/03/2008 (Eagle Ski Club meets). See entries for those dates for details.
From munro 98 I descended to the bealach at NN 513770 and then took a direct line to the ford. A welcome respite followed as I made use of the path up to Loch a Bhealaich Leamhain. At an altitude of 650m I left the path going N to reach Geal Charn munro 81. Then off to the bealach NN 490810 and an ascent of Creag Pitridh munro 264. Finally a descent over heather to the path back to the bike.
A very hot day and slow going as I was probably tired after Skye and the route was largely over rough ground and quite a lot of ascent and descent (1880m). 9hrs 30 min.

Overnight in Glen Etive before travelling home the next day.
johnnycool

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland