walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Graham: Andrewhinney Hill and on to Herman Law

Graham: Andrewhinney Hill and on to Herman Law

Postby johnnycool » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:10 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Andrewhinney Hill

Donalds included on this walk: Andrewhinney Hill

Date walked: 28/08/2018

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Campervan trip 16 5th 2018.
Travelled to WC 145 Grey Mare's Tail on 27 August for the first day of this van trip.
Strong SW wind but dry and quite warm despite the wind chill.
The following morning 28 August I made the steep climb to Andrewhinney hill. Then a steady undulating walk taking in 3 more tops in a NE direction finishing at Herman Law with the wind on my back. Descent to Birkhill and along the burn to the car park. 2hr 55 min. Dash with me.
Overnight at WC 145.
First ascent 23/10/2015. Separate entry for this day.
johnnycool

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland