walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Date walked: 13/03/2020

Time taken: 3.8 hours

Distance: 20.9 km

Ascent: 319m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Back to Dunkeld today as the weather seems promising and it's 3 days since I was in Glen Esk.

The start of the main track from CCP is a bit rougher than normal as thereis a digger working on it.

Nobody about at 9am so apart from the digger driver I have the place to myself.

Still a bit muddy on the last part of the track to reach Loch Ordie and still really bad alongside the loch but probably a bit less squelchy than 10 days ago.

Continued on beyond Loch O for the best part of a mile to a bridge on the track to Ballinluig before stopping for a chocolate break.

Earpieces in and another listen to the latest Tangerine dream album for the return leg.

Close to going to short sleeves today but the clouds arrived and the wind picked up at the laf way point, maybe next week.

Only 13 miles today but the legs are still feeling tired so I'm a bit away from doing even my 16 mile route at Dunkie.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland