walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Date walked: 17/03/2020

Time taken: 3.6 hours

Distance: 20.9 km

Ascent: 394m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another trip to Dunkie.

Set of just before 9am and I was first out of the car park.

A nice morning, blue sky and a breeze but after Mill Dam there was a heavy shower that lasted about 20 minutes.

I found the mud bath alongside Loch Ordie tough this morning but continued on to the bridge around a mile north of the loch.

On the return leg I misjudged one bit of the swamp and my foot and ankle completely disappeared under the yuck with the brown water mark on the trousers half way to my knee.

Only a few peeps about today so not many hellos on the return leg. One enthusiastic dog was all over me but it's not as though he was dirtying my trousers.

Another 13 miles down the road to hopefully getting back my fitness but this walk felt tougher than the others I've done in the last couple of weeks.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland