walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My first ever Corbett - Creag Mac Ranaich

My first ever Corbett - Creag Mac Ranaich

Postby Andrei V » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Creag Mac Ranaich

Date walked: 21/03/2020

Time taken: 4.28 hours

Distance: 14.67 km

Ascent: 751m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Left Lochearnhead at about 2pm on a cloudy afternoon.The weather was quite mild down in the village. I followed the Glen Ogle Trail for a while up to the cycle track, then turning left the old railway line. After passing through 2 gates I reached a bridge. I went over the bridge then kept straight ahead at a junction to follow the track up into Glen Kendrum.
When reaching the highest point of the track I left it and began the ascent towards Creag Mac Ranaich. No obvious path to follow and a very steep ascent on icy snow patches. Very cold and windy on the summit plateau. After exploring the summit, enjoying the lovely views and taking some pictures I started the descent to about the same highest point of the track, then followed it back through the glen to the village. Back to the village at about 6.30pm.
Andrei V
Munro compleatist

Munros:40   Corbetts:23
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland