walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Crosbie Hills

Crosbie Hills

Postby rob munbett » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:53 pm

Date walked: 20/06/2020

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Distance: 6.2 km

Ascent: 264m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I must confess that I'd never heard of the Crosbie Hills until today when I popped round from Dalry to park near the cattle grid on the (very) minor road past Knockendon. Heading towards Caldron Hill was rough with bog and heather abounding but I soon found a lovely easy path along the broad ridge to the large cairn.
P1040399.JPG
View over to Arran from pt. 241
After a brief stop for a photo of the Firth of Clyde and Arran, I walked over pt 241 and headed across to Glenton Hill.
P1040401.JPG
Looling over to Glenton Hill and Gill Hill
Fortunately there was a line of grouse butts and a rough ATV track to help me on my way. After a spot of lunch here, it was over to the final hill of the day, Gill Hill.
P1040409.JPG
Looking across the moorland to Caldron Hill
From here, I descended beside a dry-stane dyke to a line of tress heading back to the road. Then, it was just a plod up the road back to the car, uphill all the was, of course. A very pleasant 3 Tump day.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland