walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My Last Day in the Hills - Carn a' Chlamain

My Last Day in the Hills - Carn a' Chlamain

Postby Jokester » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:11 am

Route description: Càrn a'Chlamain

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Chlamain

Date walked: 14/10/2018

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 26.03 km

Ascent: 942m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my last day in the hills, 14th October 2018. Completely missed 2019 due to work, wrecking a foot doing the kilt walk, bad weather and other commitments. Now sat here looking forward to getting out again and doing more Munros once things open back up again and I've got plenty of free time on my hands.

Can't really remember much of this day, other than the weather was good, but chilly at the top and it was a lovely walk through the trees in the glen in autumnal colours.

ImageIMG_0611 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Spot the red squirrel

ImageIMG_0617 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0615 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Lovely colours

ImageIMG_0626 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Summit in view

ImageIMG_0627 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr
Summit pic
Attachments

Track 034.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jokester
Mountain Walker

Munros:77   

Re: My Last Day in the Hills - Carn a' Chlamain

Postby Phil the Hill » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Hoping to do this one in October 2020 as my first day in the Scottish hills since the lockdown. Nice to see some autumn colours, as I normally go up to Scotland in spring or winter.
Phil the Hill
Walker

Munros:274   Corbetts:30
Fionas:12   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:38   Hewitts:136
Wainwrights:63   Islands:25

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland