walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report of the Month - April

Walk Report of the Month - April

Postby Paul Webster » Sat May 02, 2009 9:23 am

Date walked: 02/05/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

And faster they come....

Yes, the spells of good weather helped to ensure that we had another record month, with over 1.08 million pages viewed during April :D We also had 99,546 separate visits to the website - let's see if we can top 100,000 in May!!

It was the biggest month for trip reports too. First, the usual suspects....

Doogz excelled himself with no less than 5 bagging expeditions with lots of Munros and even more miles under the belt. All were great reading in the usual excited style - and done at top speed :D Pick of the bunch was derry cairngorm and carn a mhaim...grand national style

Last months winner IainG put in two top quality reports. The Mullardoch round is a favourite walk of mine, but it can't match his report of Slioch - the photo of the memorial is our favourite picture of the month.

Canisp put in a couple of crackers, with his usual great photos of blue skys - did you ever see a cloud in a Canisp report? They ranged from the Whinlatter Wainwrights, to Leum Uilleim on Rannoch Moor, and best of all, remote Ben Aden.

Papagenos put in two well photographed reports and uploaded his GPS track to so the reports show a map - a good touch. The reports cover a little known corner of the Brecon Beacons, and an inspiring visit to the 'Lochailort Pyramids'.

The tricky summit block of the Cobbler brought us two reports this month, a great one from Dirk WInter and from Kevsbald as well; Kevsbald also put in a succesful report on Beinn a'Ghlo following an aborted attempt earlier in the year.

Sugary put in two excellent trips; the classic round of Loch Affric and then hunting for aircraft wreckage on Bleaklow - one of the first hills I ever climbed, whilst Yokehead was even further south in the Black Mountains. Susanmyatt continues to get out and about with reports across Northern England from the Peak to the Pennines and the Lakes- the pick of her reports being for Striding Edge, whilst Rekrab did most of the Ramsay Round.

Best first-time reports? There were three crackers... Leithysuburbs for the Glen Ey Munros, MacCookie for the excellent Clachlet Traverse and Booda with a topo-style drawn photo showing the route of the scramble up Sron na Creise. Keep em' coming! We also had first-time reports from NorthFace34, Eccythump, bthydave, jbf65, AndrewL, Katefrost, lisa34, georgiad, muymalestado, marcday and WainwrightBagger - welcome to you all.

One report from the start of the month that was an early favourite for the prize was an unusual approach to Meall na Fearna from bootsandpaddles, but our overall winner this month is Myth for Ben Hope - on and off track, netting £40 of TISO vouchers.

It's May - is there a better month to be out in the Hills? Get out there 8)

Photo: the Keeper's Memorial by IainG
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Walk Report of the Month - April

Postby Myth » Sat May 02, 2009 3:51 pm

BLINK - Good Grief - Thank you.

Choosing between all the reports this month must have needed a marathon session with the Talisker.
Myth

Postby cjwaugh » Sat May 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Like i said before nice report myth well deserved :D
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby kevsbald » Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 am

Nice one Myth, a good report for me to replicate in June, I hope.
Hitting the Cuillins in 3 weeks so hopeful I can provide some decent reports and photos for y'all.
kevsbald
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:134
Fionas:82   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:29   

Postby Paul Webster » Sun May 03, 2009 11:51 am

Cuillins :D hope you get great weather. I think Doogz has been up in them this last week ? - there have been a couple of very good days (and some wetter ones)
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby GarryH » Sun May 03, 2009 5:28 pm

How I wish I could go dondering about in Sutherland like you. Great report Myth well deserved...
GarryH

Postby yokehead » Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 pm

A well deserved win.
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Postby maddjock » Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 am

yep, well done myth.. well deserved
8)
maddjock
Hill Bagger

Postby Rekrab » Mon May 04, 2009 4:02 pm

nice work everyone!!!!

MacKenzie,
Rekrab
Munro compleatist

Munros:85   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:45

Postby 37lumleyst » Mon May 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Cracking report Myth - a well deserved winner!
37lumleyst

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:49
Wainwrights:56   

Postby kinley » Mon May 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Paul Webster wrote:It's May - is there a better month to be out in the Hills? Get out there 8)

I can't help but feel someone cursed this May :roll:
kinley

Postby mauhir » Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 pm

well done myth
mauhir

Munros:1   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland