walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Back to Badandun Hill

Back to Badandun Hill

Postby Gordie12 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am

Fionas included on this walk: Badandun Hill

Date walked: 14/07/2020

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 8.8 km

Ascent: 476m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The plan was to start late and catch the low evening sunlight as the last couple of nights had been really beautiful.

The sun was shining brightly until I was ten minutes from the parking space then it hid behind a blanket of cloud and refused to come out and play.

Set off at 7pm after speaking to a dog walker at the start. Nobody else spotted during the walk. Last time I was here in November there was snow on the ground and i was half way through a nine month illness so just climbing the hill felt like an accomplishment. Whilst I now feel a lot healthier, this is my first hill since my last outing here 8 months ago.

I was able to walk to the top of the hill without stopping and this took me exactly 1 hour. I suppose it should be easy to walk this hill without stopping but I know i still have a long way to go with my fitness.

I spent about twenty minutes at the top having a sandwich and hoping the sun might break out of the cloud (it didn't). I could see over to the East to where I had come from and it looked like a really nice sunny night.

No sign of a break in the cloud so walked back down the hill and back to the car in 40 minutes so a nice way to spend two hours on a sunny night but no photos of a standard that I was looking for.

1.JPG
A glimpse of sunlight beyond Crock

2.JPG
A now bald Crock

3.JPG
Looking West
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland