walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Mullardoch 12 in a day

The Mullardoch 12 in a day

by ronofcam » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Riabhachan, An Socach (Affric), An Socach (Mullardoch), Beinn Fhionnlaidh (Càrn Eige), Càrn Eige, Càrn nan Gobhar (Loch Mullardoch), Màm Sodhail, Mullach na Dheiragain, Sgùrr na Lapaich, Sgùrr nan Ceathreamhnan, Toll Creagach, Tom a' Chòinich

Date walked: 24/07/2020

Time taken: 19 hours

Distance: 57 km

Ascent: 4900m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Mullardoch 12 in a day

Postby 2manyYorkies » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Thanks, that's an excellent description of the walk with really good practical advice. I wouldn't be able to complete that in a day so it'll have to be a "fast and light" overnighter (without much "fast" I'm afraid!), hopefully next May/June.
2manyYorkies
Mountain Walker

Munros:187   Corbetts:22
Hewitts:76
Wainwrights:113   

Postby Meehan_hazel » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Great effort! I think we heard you pass us just after Carn nan Gobhar summit around 5am, we were camped high. To do that round in less than 24 hours in THAT heat is impressive. The lack of water was a real challenge.
Meehan_hazel
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:22
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:22   

Postby bigkeith » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Fantastic achievement and amazing fitness levels and mental strength. Impressive that you all still had something left in the tank at the end :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: . Really enjoyed reading that and learned a lot - I'm planning on doing the circuit this year but over three days :D .
bigkeith
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:17

Postby Ross Richardson » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:36 pm

12 munros in a day....totally pointless , obviously no real interest in the hills , just ticking a list for bragging rights. Boring 😴
Ross Richardson
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:50
Donalds:2

Postby stevenpollock390 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:41 am

Hi mate,

first of all, what an absolutely amazing acheivement! The effort that must've been involved in completing the 12 of these in well under 24hrs is nothing short of astonishing!
I've been seeking out a challenge for me and a friend to raise money for charity and I belive this is the one for us. Would you be willing to get in touch with me privately through Facebook, Instagram, or even YouTube so that I could maybe pick your brains about this?

I go under the banner of Mountain'sPeak on most social media platforms and would be extremely grateful for your help with this.

Again, congratulations on what will surely be a experince never forgotten.

Stevie (Mountain's Peak)
stevenpollock390
Munro compleatist

Munros:112   Corbetts:4
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:11   

Postby Anne Dickinson » Mon May 08, 2023 12:11 pm

Many thanks for posting a thorough description and photos of your day. Very well done and glad you enjoyed it so much :D
Anne Dickinson
Mountaineer

Munros:33   

Postby Butterscotch » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:57 am

Brilliant - what an achievement!
Butterscotch

Munros:260   Corbetts:6
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:6
Walk wish-list

Postby Dunni » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:25 pm

Well done! So far it took me 4 individual days to complete the round from different angles. Age is taking its toll but nonetheless I would try it again in one go (over 3 days of course)
Walking with the big pack slows one down but picking the wrong routes doesnt help either :roll:
Dunni
Scrambler

Munros:178   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:5

46 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland