walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glas Maol 4 + 2. Well.... attempted.

Glas Maol 4 + 2. Well.... attempted.

Postby Murf02 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Munros included on this walk: Cairn of Claise, Carn an Tuirc, Tolmount, Tom Buidhe

Date walked: 28/07/2020

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 21 km

Ascent: 864m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had to put my phone in flight mode due to my charger not working so I didn't get it all recorded but it could tell us 13.1 miles. Was meant to do Glas Maol and Creag Leacach as well but once we summited Cairn of Claise we were struggling to stand up the winds got way up, plus the rain as well we decided it was best to get back to the car as this was only our 3rd and 4th munro outing for us 2. We went round the bottom of Glas Maol. Cut down the ski tow bit (not our best idea 😂) then over to Meall Odhar to rejoin our original route back to the car.

Anyway we got Carn Tuirch, Tolmount, Tom Bhudie and Cairn of Claise in the bag so a pretty successful trip in our eyes, and we get to do the last 2 plus Monega Hill from Glen Isla next time. Now up to 8 Munros 😁.

P.S. from this trip I have also discovered I need Gaiters even though my boots were covered by my waterproofs! And a map cover so I can get it out without ruining it lol.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

20200728_112822.jpg
Murf02
Munro compleatist

Munros:14   Corbetts:1
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland