walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cloudy but thoroughly enjoyable

Cloudy but thoroughly enjoyable

Postby Aimee_P » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:19 pm

Date walked: 08/08/2020

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 6.5 km

Ascent: 1046m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Set off to a beautiful sunny day was immediately excited to see the views from the top...

Word of warning get there early as the car park is small and was was already a good few cars by 645am when I arrived.

The walk itself is straight forward the paths are very good and easy to follow. There is a bit of a walk to get to the base of An Cabar, but once you get there, you are faced with a lot of steps.
Definite leg burners but keep going !

I got about a quarter of the way up and then the clouds rolled in and I could see only where the path was infront I didn't even see the steep drop next to the path until the cloud cleared on the way down.

Once at the top of the steps you reach the summit of An Cabar the path from here along the ridge to the Ben wyvis summit is really easy nice and flat no more steps.

Unfortunately I saw nothing when I got to wyvis only cloud but on the way back down the cloud started to clear and wow what amazing views there are !!!

Can definitely recommend and would say not the hardest hike I've ever done 😁
Attachments
IMG_20200808_105447582.jpg
IMG_20200808_095556207.jpg
IMG_20200808_105637815.jpg
Aimee_P
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland