walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn an t-Sidhein, the mini monster

Beinn an t-Sidhein, the mini monster

Postby robert wylie » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:42 pm

Route description: Beinn an t-Sìdhean, Strathyre

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Beinn an t-Sidhein

Date walked: 08/08/2020

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 6.7 km

Ascent: 421m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After months of lockdown I had walked up Ben Donich last week and was absolutely knackered after it. Months of homeworking and snacking had done some damage. Bearing in mind that the weather was over 20 degrees I thought that maybe a sub 2000 would be a better idea to start getting a bit fitter and so picked on this hill.

What was I thinking? I know that the descripton said it was steep but it couldn't be that bad as it is not that high? To be fair, it was steep and so no complaint there. However, the big problem for me was the mud and the bogs. The bogginess seemed never ending. When going to the summit from An Sidhean I will be honest I was totally hacked off. I was hot, sticky, and desperate for some tea. I slipped off my rucksack at the mini cairn, and then looked at the view. Completely worth the effort. Never had my rea though, nowhere to sit and the insects were being really annoying.
Attachments
2-An Sidhean.JPG
An Sidhean
3-Beinn an t-Sithein.JPG
Beinn an t-Sithein
4-Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin.JPG
Ben Vorlich and Stuc a Chroin
5-Stob Coire an Lochan and Stob Binnein.JPG
Stob Coire an Lochan and Stob Binnein
6-Stob Binnein Stob Creagac and Ben More.JPG
Stob Binnein Stob Creagac and Ben More
7-Beinn Each.JPG
Beinn Each
8-Ben Lomond from Beinn an t-Sithein.JPG
Ben Lomond from the summit
robert wylie
Walker

Munros:20   Corbetts:14
Grahams:4   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland