walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall Ghaordaidh

Meall Ghaordaidh

Postby Walkinmyfootsteps » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:09 pm

Route description: Meall Ghaordaidh from Glen Lochay

Munros included on this walk: Meall Ghaordaidh

Date walked: 29/08/2020

Time taken: 3.33 hours

Distance: 9.5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Thought I’d do this one today as it was a simple day and was less of a drive to my alternative of the four eastern Mamores.
Got to the lay by for just after nine and thankfully there was space to get parked up. Had been my biggest fear driving up.
Followed the route as described on WalkHighlands. The wall with the stile was high and had the lower step missing on the far side. Not the easiest obstacle to overcome when you have a large dog with you. Managed to get her up and over and she trusted me to lift her up and off.
Beyond that the path was fairly easy to follow but this is definitely a mountain to wear your gaitors on.
Got to the summit in just under two hours. Wind was strong getting near the top and had to get my gloves and jacket on. Ended up with pins and needles in my thumb because I didn’t get my gloves on early enough. Good views from the summit over to Stuc’d an Lochan and the other mountain on the opposite side of the loch who’s name escapes me! Had a couple of peices at the top (Skye managed to be a few bits of the chicken off me to supplement the biscuit she’d had). Didn’t stop long due to the wind and headed back down. Uneventful jaunt back down making good time. Nice easy hill.
Attachments
258074FD-C0D0-411A-9A82-FA819AE42108.jpeg
Summit
0C3D0449-322D-49BA-90B1-407474AE3F84.jpeg
Lay by busy post walk
A9CE6F1D-720C-4B99-B902-81B3A8D09366.jpeg
View back up to the top
AAA39DE6-FAAA-4B7A-9FC9-90339CF962F5.jpeg
Stile which isn’t the most user friendly for the four legged friend
A89B886D-5391-4180-A41D-DA174949EE1C.jpeg
View over towards Stucd an Lochan
Walkinmyfootsteps
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland