walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Traprain Law

Traprain Law

Postby Justdrums » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Date walked: 06/03/2020

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 1.65 km

Ascent: 142m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Still on strike, L agreed to go for a quick walk up Traprain in the dying light. Because of gigs, this turned out to be my last hill before lockdown.
no-1.jpg
Looking W from the top

no-2.jpg
looking towards Berwick Law

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Justdrums
Walker

Munros:67   Corbetts:15
Fionas:17   Donalds:50+17
Sub 2000:23   
Islands:18

Re: Traprain Law

Postby Marty_JG » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:47 am

Before I moved to Glasgow I lived in Edinburgh and had several friends move to Haddington & the surrounding area. Many, many dawn-o-clocks did I climb Traprain Law to freshen-up after a night of partying. Not the tallest hill in Scotland but you do get panoramic views over the low surroundings.
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Re: Traprain Law

Postby gaffr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:47 am

A good wee hill with some very fine rock pitches on the South side that would be useful for folks to get some experience of moving around on rock. Preparation for some of the bigger hills with scrambling sections and for moving about the skye hills.? :)
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland