walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

White Hill/Hightown Hill

White Hill/Hightown Hill

Postby Clach Liath » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:55 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Hightown Hill

Date walked: 28/08/2020

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Sunset walk. The Marilyn is now the adjacent White Hill with earthworks of an ancient fort. The two tops are so close together that it is worth visiting both in any event.

Parking is a little tricky but there is a bit of verge about 300m to the north of Fernycleugh and 30m south of a gate that was wide enough to park the car.

Hopped over the gate, aimed across the first field to where the fence kinks and another gate, then to the east corner of the next field where there is a junction of fences and some more gates. From there take your pick of which top to go for first. I did the "new" top first and then visited the trig. I was back at my car 10 minutes after leaving the trig.
Clach Liath
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:82
Fionas:37   Donalds:37
Sub 2000:129   Hewitts:240
Wainwrights:214   
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland