walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn an t-Sidhean, Strathyre walk

Beinn an t-Sidhean, Strathyre walk

Postby SergioVet » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Route description: Beinn Each from Loch Lubnaig

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 08/09/2020

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 7 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not good at all!
All the indications from the website were incorrect, I have asked a few local people and NOBODY knew anything about this walk/trails.
I had to start from the cabin that sells coffees and went up there until I have found a 'possible sign' of the original walk I planned to do; the only good indication was the sight/passing by a boulder (even if now I am not sure that was even the correct one) and then NOTHING! No signs on the trail that looked more like a dry creek or a goats/sheep trail.
Reached the top of the hill/mountain, the description says 'you'll be able to see a loch and the Wallace monument', well, I couldn't see ANY of those!
So please, either change the descriptions with something more accurate or mark the trails with some some of colour coded signs for people to be able to start and follow the chosen one.
SergioVet
Walker

Re: Beinn an t-Sidhean, Strathyre walk

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am

Bit confused by this - you've marked tagged your report as being Beinn Each, but titled it with Beinn an t-Sidhean? You might want to edit which you have tagged, or edit your title.

We have walked the Beinn an t-Sidhean route early in 2020, and rewrote the description then - we feel it is basically as described, though many routes are more overgrown than usual following lockdown. This isn't a waymarked forestry commission walk which it sounds like you expected. Those walks on Walkhighlands are given Grade 1 (1 boot) - this one is Grade 3 (3 boots), very few of which have waymarkings.

If you were doing the Beinn Each route as you tagged it, that walk is much rougher and more informal still (Grade 4).
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby Coop » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:21 pm

SergioVet wrote:Not good at all!
All the indications from the website were incorrect,

No they're not!!
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:52+16
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:41
Wainwrights:65   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby malky_c » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Is this where you started?
http://www.thecabinatlochlubnaig.co.uk/location/

Given that it's about 2km south of the described starting point for Beinn Each, are you sure you went far enough along the forestry track towards the main starting point to actually cross the path? From memory, it is pretty obvious - sounds more like you turned off too soon and went up a fire break.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland