walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hey

Hey

Postby hooch » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey folks, my name is Ian and im from the perth area. Used to be semi active playing football and swimming, gave it up a few years ago and put on a few pounds (stones) :? Stopped smoking and looking to get back active and want to take my son with me in the future. Been looking at a few easier hills as im off for a week next week, hopefully can fit something in to get me started. Although if the weather is really good will probably be out on my canoe, enjoy it while i can! Will definately get out and about at some point though, need to lose the weight and see the sights! Will be looking into footwear etc as well, have decent goretex w/p care of my work :D and have walking shoes, but will need to upgrade to boots soon, any pointers or help in general would be greatly appreciated.
hooch

Munros:8   Corbetts:1
Islands:8

Re: Hey

Postby EmmaBemma » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi Ian! You're spoilt for choice for nearby hill walks living in Perth. I hope you enjoy your first adventures!
EmmaBemma
Wanderer

Munros:38   

Postby mountain coward » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 am

Yeah you are - especially easy (as in non-technical) walks! Welcome to the site :)
mountain coward

Postby gillhowatson » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:22 am

Welcome. I live in north east Fife (12 miles from Perth) and it only takes around an hour to reach many of the good walks. I am just starting too and luckily, many of the walks with good established paths are near us. I started off with Ben Vorlich at Loch Earn because it's so accessible from where we live.
Best Wishes
Gillian
gillhowatson
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   

Postby sloosh » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:30 am

Hello. :)

Plenty of informative posts about boots and gear in general so you should find some great info.
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby robertian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:35 am

Welcome Ian

One of the easiest munroes for starting is just on your doorstep - Ben Chonzie ( especially from the Comrie side )
Mostly a track to a plateau and then an easy walk to the summit. I think I saw a report in the ''Walks section ''
Enjoy the hills
Cheers
Ian
robertian
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   

Postby zebidee1 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello there Ian, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...