walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello New to Site

Hello New to Site

Postby kev-dameerkat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 am

Hi I am new to this or any site. Like the look of this though with great stuff for me that is just getting back into walking with my young son after a few years away. We were camping in Glencoe at the weekend. Out in the good weather and did the Pap Saturday and the Blackwater Dam Sunday. He loved it and using the walking guides I had printed out from the site was great experiance. Will be trying some more over the next few weeks before the colder weather sets in. Will need to brush up on the fittness though over the winter if i'm to keep up with him next year.

Cheers will be back
kev-dameerkat
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   
Islands:7

Re: Hello New to Site

Postby Paul Webster » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi Kev and welcome to the Forum. Glad you had a good time up the Pap and the Blackwater - certainly had the weather for it last weekend. DId you get up early enough on the Pap to catch an inversion, coming out above the clouds?
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby kev-dameerkat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:38 pm

No did not set out until late morning. Had had a sweet sherry the night before. But views down the glen and the loch were stunning
kev-dameerkat
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   
Islands:7

Postby monty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi Kev,
Great to hear you had a good day out with the weather and the views. Just magic introducing your son to the hills too. :D
monty

Postby zebidee1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 am

Hello Kev, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...