walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Wyvis, sunshine, Clagg, Highwinds & Singing in the "rain"?

Wyvis, sunshine, Clagg, Highwinds & Singing in the "rain"?

Postby wolf1973 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:01 am

Route description: Ben Wyvis, near Garve

Munros included on this walk: Ben Wyvis

Date walked: 16/11/2011

Time taken: 7 hours

Ascent: 1046m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

OK . . . . . . No Photos for this walk at the moment (cant get them to upload?? :wtf: )

Correction - Got the picks sorted (was the size of the file?)

Was up visiting family who had just moved to Kiltarlity and reconed this was a fantastic opp to do a walk up Wyvis!
It was a beautiful sunny day to start, with just a wee bit of ground-frost to contend with, so out of the car (my sister in-law drove me up and would be there to pick me up at the end) a quick check of my rucksack & camera and I was off!
Made short work of the forest at Garbat to the cairn and info point, then after a wee coffee/fag break started my way up An Cabar, Its a fantastic walk up the new path (lots of new natural slabs) to the top of An Cabar with me taking lots n lots of pics in the sunshine!
Got to the top of An Cabar and took lots of more picks then started my way across to Glas Leathad Mor! This is where things get interesting (and a bit "Aaaaarrrrgghhh)
No sooner had i started for the true summit when the clagg sets in, along with 50mph winds! was a wee bit woried about how I would get down but decided to go on!
Now this is where it gets a bit "messy" so if you are of a nervious dicpocition PLEASE LOOK AWAY :shock:
I had been holding my bladder . . . . . . . for a long time
When I got to the cairn and took my summit shots I decided that I couldnt hold out any longer, so thinking with the strong wind, move behind the cairn and let nature take its . . . . . not in the face . . . not in the face?
:shock: :shock: :? :( :(

Lets just say that what they say about doing this into the wind . . . . . . . . . ITS TRUE!

I got a shower that I didnt want or need, and had to wash EVERYTHING :shock:

A lesson well learned :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :shock: :shh: :wtf:

Apart from that, I had a fantastic day!
:D :D :lol: :lol:
IMG_01.jpg
IMG_02.jpg
IMG_04.jpg
IMG_05.jpg
IMG_06.jpg
IMG_07.jpg
IMG_08.jpg
IMG_10.jpg
IMG_13.jpg
IMG_12.jpg
IMG_15.jpg
IMG_16.jpg
IMG_17.jpg
Last edited by wolf1973 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf1973
Munro compleatist

Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Wyvis, sunshine, Clagg, Highwinds & Singing in the "rain

Postby LeithySuburbs » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:22 am

Be careful of "facing" downwind on very windy days as the wind creates a vortex around your body :? . I do not recommend...
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Re: Wyvis, sunshine, Clagg, Highwinds & Singing in the "rain

Postby wolf1973 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:28 am

LeithySuburbs wrote:Be careful of "facing" downwind on very windy days as the wind creates a vortex around your body :? . I do not recommend...

Thats for dam sure, just got cought out I guess, It only takes the once!
Thanks LeithySuburbs!! will not make the same mistake again (mind you I did try moving about, once you start you cant stop :lol: )
wolf1973
Munro compleatist

Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland