walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby Liebestoter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 20/09/2009

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Day 1 of my week in Scotland and I chose Ben Lomond as my first munro. The day started off fair but by the time I reached Sron Aonaich I also reached the clouds. This was my best View Of the day.
DSC00629.JPG

The rest of my journey to the summit was spent in the clouds, waterproofs on. The wind picked up near the top but strangely enough at the summit all was calm, but still no view. I came down over Ptarmigan and on reaching Tom fithich managed another picture.
DSC00633.JPG

Back to the car and chuffed I'd completed my first Munro despite not getting any views. Then came the most annoying part of the day, 4 hours after standing on the top of Ben Lomond in the cloud I took this photo, from my car on the A82 on my way back to the campsite, I was well miffed[attachment=2]DSC00629.JPG[/attachment
Attachments
Ben Lomond.JPG
Liebestoter
Mountain Walker

Munros:234   Corbetts:20
Fionas:11   Donalds:1
Hewitts:157
Wainwrights:165   

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby v7mcj » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Here are a couple of pics to make you feel better. I went up some time ago, and it turned out to be one of the best days possible.
That's Loch Lomond under the fog.

This is across to Tarbet
v7mcj
Mountain Walker

Munros:4   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby Liebestoter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I love that first picture but it doesn't make me feel any better, I've got more reports to do on the rest of my week but I spent most of it in the clouds. Not put me off though, I can't wait to get up there again.
Liebestoter
Mountain Walker

Munros:234   Corbetts:20
Fionas:11   Donalds:1
Hewitts:157
Wainwrights:165   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland