walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi Folks

Hi Folks

Postby WillieGo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Wanted to say hi

I live in Moray and enjoy getting out on the hills as often as I reasonably can with a wife and three bairns. My middle son also is enjoying getting out and is good company.

This is my second year out walking 'proper' and am having a whale of a time. Where possible, try to get a night in a bothy at the same time where possible.
WillieGo

Munros:1   

Re: Hi Folks

Postby canisp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi WillieGo, and welcome to walkhighlands.

WillieGo wrote:Where possible, try to get a night in a bothy at the same time where possible.

Regarding bothies, i would be interested in any you would recommend as i‘m new to bothying. I did my first and so far only bothy trip “Camban” last December, and am thinking of doing another this winter, but not sure where yet.

Regards steve
canisp

Munros:281   Corbetts:191
Fionas:28   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:195
Wainwrights:213   

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:06 am

Hi WillieGo

Glad to hear you are having a good time across there in Moray - welcome to the site!

I'm a bit of a bothy-monger too - helped do up one on Skye a while back.

Incidentally I've have to say that - last year - Camban was in the worst condition of any bothy I've stayed it - so hopefully Canisp may be pleasantly surprised on future trips. Camban was having a whole fortnight's work done to it though, helicopter and all, this August - so may be really nice now.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby WillieGo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Been to some pretty worthy bothies and ones without a chimney too - was a major surprise - specially as we were lugging fuel at the time lol
WillieGo

Munros:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...