walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dundreich and Turbine Hill

Dundreich and Turbine Hill

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Donalds included on this walk: Bowbeat Hill, Dundreich

Date walked: 24/02/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I started this walk from Boreland farm where the farmer kindly allowed me to park my car. I took the track heading north east and then the path before heading east up to the ridge and over to Dundreich summit. From the summit i headed south east to Bowbeat Hill, making my way to the turbines hence the new name i've given this hill. Once you reach the first turbine the track leads to the summit. I'm all for saving the planet but this hill has been spoiled by all the turbines. I returned back to that first turbine and took the tree line round before heading west down to the burn and returning via the track to Boreland.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

pics 008.JPG
Dundreich

pics 009.JPG
A look back at the route up

pics 010.JPG
Path up

pics 011.JPG
Portmore Loch and Pentlands

pics 012.JPG
Dundreich

pics 013.JPG
Summit

pics 014.JPG
Nice summit view

pics 016.JPG
Not so nice summit view

pics 018.JPG
Closing in on the turbines

pics 019.JPG
The track through the turbines

pics 021.JPG
Summit view

pics 022.JPG
My route down

pics 023.JPG
Down here

pics 024.JPG
View on the way down

pics 025.JPG
Track back to the farm

pics 026.JPG
The local Bull
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Dundreich and Turbine Hill

Postby SusieThePensioner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Good weather for your walk and great views, apart from the turbines :D
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby Graeme D » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Och I dunno JC! I could say many things. I could say "stop wandering the hills on weekdays and get a job like most normal folk!", or I could say "I hate you for the fact that you are apparently able to get out in the hills several times a week!", or I could just say "*#@%"^+>$&!". But I will restrain myself! All I will say is that you must be building up the most comprehensive, varied, informative and original Walks Diary on this site. Oh, that and "I am jealous as hell that you can apparently get out several times.........." :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks Susie and thankyou Graeme, it's not all good getting the chance to get out as much as it's not easy planning the trips so close to each other :lol: :lol: :lol: And to hear i get more time off than a teacher has made my day :lol: Thats just a joke by the way for all you hard working teachers out there :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby quoman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Out 3 times in a week canny beat it :D i had 6days of last week and only got out once :(
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland