walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

mt keen monday/mt battock wed/conachcraig fri

mt keen monday/mt battock wed/conachcraig fri

Postby Benjaminnevis » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:12 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Conachcraig

Date walked: 09/03/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Ascent: 865m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

SAM_0736 (1024x768).jpg
Summit of conachcraig looking towards braemar.
Must be time to dig out some lighter cloths now after trekking up mount keen on Monday with a t shirt fleece jacket and liner less rain jacket I had to dump the rain jacket after 15 minute until reaching the summit where it was quite cold we just a dusting a snaw .
Same thing on Wednesday on mount battock until nearer the summit where it started dinging doon snaw for :-x 10 minutes then cleared but was still blowing a gale a wind.
So went we a t shirt and liner less rain jacket today up conachcraig and although blowing a gale a wind I never really felt ah that cold even on the summit where it wiz a struggle to stand up never mind trying to take a photo .
On the way down I met some gents heading up so a stopped for a blether and asked the fellas if they were heading up lochnagar, yes we are heading up and are going to camp overnight :thumbup: so I told them to post a report on here as I will be interested to hear how they got on pitching a tent on lochnagar ina gale. Mind you when I reached the bottom and looked back up I could not help feeling just a little envious, any way hope the gents enjoy their trip.
I will leave the hills to you folks over the weekend and I will try and find a bar stool in a west end boozer to watch the rugby and slurp a few pints a Guinness :-D :D .

picked up a pair oh brasher chamba from blacks we a 40% discount a while back and am well pleased we them only wee gripe would be the lack a protection on the toe area but other than that its a 9 oot a 10. :D
Attachments
SAM_0692 (1024x768).jpg
This is a braw path all the way from invermark car park to summit of mt keen.
SAM_0703 (1024x768).jpg
Summit of mount keen.
SAM_0706 (1024x768).jpg
SAM_0710 (1024x768).jpg
Summit of mount battock.
SAM_0730 (1024x768).jpg
Summit of conachcraig looking over to lochnagar and miekle pap.
SAM_0744 (1024x768).jpg
Coffee time.
Benjaminnevis
Hill Bagger

Munros:38   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:27   

Re: mt keen monday/mt battock wed/conachcraig fri

Postby Alpina » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

Looks like you had a great time. I am intending to make Keen my first Munro very soon. Your photo's are very inspiring :)
Alpina

Sub 2000:3   

Re: mt keen monday/mt battock wed/conachcraig fri

Postby Benjaminnevis » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Alpina wrote:Looks like you had a great time. I am intending to make Keen my first Munro very soon. Your photo's are very inspiring :)

Just as good from glen tanar estate as it is from invermark Alpina but little longer a trek.
Benjaminnevis
Hill Bagger

Munros:38   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:27   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland