walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a' Ghlo Three

Beinn a' Ghlo Three

by quoman » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Ghlò

Munros included on this walk: Bràigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain, Càrn Liath (Beinn a' Ghlò), Càrn nan Gabhar

Date walked: 12/03/2012

Time taken: 7.06 hours

Distance: 22.63 km

Ascent: 1333m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Beinn a' Ghlo Three

Postby Johnny Corbett » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Quoman, how about this 4 for the hundred

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14980
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby BoyVertiginous » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Like the look of the Beinn a' Ghlo 3, quoman.

Have you already tackled these 4? http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/perthshire/carn-mairg.shtml
Be a piece of cake for you I'd imagine.
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Postby Steve B » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Johnny Corbett. I would second the suggestion for the Ring of Steall. There is a scramble up from the wire bridge as an alternative start that would be worth checking out.
Steve B
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:40   Islands:9

Postby quoman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Collaciotach wrote:Nice one may head here meself on Saturday :)

Hi Collaciotach,
you will enjoy this walk plus i hope you get good weather.

ChrisW wrote:Great stuff quoman, shame about the bit of clag higher up but you can't have everything can you :lol: another cracker, you're fair racking em up :D

Cheers Chris,
yeh it looked so promising from the carpark then as soon as you hit the 700mtr that was it.My plan was to hit 100 before the end of march so looking good fingers crossed :lol:

Johnny Corbett wrote:Hi Quoman, how about this 4 for the hundred

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14980

Had a look johnny how will the dug get across the wire bridge :? plus i was keeping them for the summer time for the views hopfully :lol:

BoyVertiginous wrote:Like the look of the Beinn a' Ghlo 3, quoman.

Have you already tackled these 4? http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/perthshire/carn-mairg.shtml
Be a piece of cake for you I'd imagine.

Hi BoyVertiginous,
Ave already done that group of hills there a good 4 hills quite easy, got nae views up them :lol:
You will like the Ghlo 3.

Steve B wrote:Re: Johnny Corbett. I would second the suggestion for the Ring of Steall. There is a scramble up from the wire bridge as an alternative start that would be worth checking out.

Hi Steve B,
Had a look at JC report dont know if the dug would get across the wire bridge :lol: :lol:
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Cracking report as ever Quoman. :D

Could well have bumped into you on Beinn A Ghlo on Tuesday but my walking buddy Jonny616 had been eaten by a bog monster on Sunday in Glen Lochay!!! I headed to Dalmally instead- got similar conditions to you guys. But no complaints really- mild, wind free walk wearing just a baselayer for most of it- in March!!!

Good luck with hitting 100 very very soon !!! :D
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby morag1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Cant believe you're nearly at 100 already -Im sure when you joined you were on 20 or something.

Well done on a great day out anyway :D
morag1

Postby quoman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Cracking report as ever Quoman. :D

Could well have bumped into you on Beinn A Ghlo on Tuesday but my walking buddy Jonny616 had been eaten by a bog monster on Sunday in Glen Lochay!!! I headed to Dalmally instead- got similar conditions to you guys. But no complaints really- mild, wind free walk wearing just a baselayer for most of it- in March!!!

Good luck with hitting 100 very very soon !!! :D

Cheers Polly,
Would have been nice to meet you and Jonny up there, i seen his RT very scary in that much bog.

morag1 wrote:Cant believe you're nearly at 100 already -Im sure when you joined you were on 20 or something.

Well done on a great day out anyway :D

Hi Morag,
Neither can i :lol:Hope to get to the 100 on monday up lochnagar weather permitting :D
quoman
Mountaineer

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Another fine TR quoman,looks like you will hit 100 just in front of me,so good luck.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby quoman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Another fine TR quoman,looks like you will hit 100 just in front of me,so good luck.

Thanks Gammy ,
Well if i get there before you :D , It won't be long till you hit the 100 mark after me good luck which hills are you going to do for your 100,
am going to lochnagar5 hopefully :lol:
quoman
Mountaineer

Postby PeteR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Excellent report quoman :D I liked these three hills when I did them :D Had the mist too at times, but didn't detract from a fine wander. Met three chaps on the final summit who had cycled to the top :shock: Insane in my book, but then us walkers probably share some of that insanity too :lol:

Good luck on the ton :D If you do Lochnager then I hope you get the weather for it :D Another fine circuit :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby quoman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

PeteR wrote:Excellent report quoman :D I liked these three hills when I did them :D Had the mist too at times, but didn't detract from a fine wander. Met three chaps on the final summit who had cycled to the top :shock: Insane in my book, but then us walkers probably share some of that insanity too :lol:

Good luck on the ton :D If you do Lochnager then I hope you get the weather for it :D Another fine circuit :D

Cheers Peter
" Met three chaps on the final summit who had cycled to the top" And i thought we were all mad :lol:
so do i hope the weathers on our side ave seen all the excellent picture's of the walk canny wait.
quoman
Mountaineer

Postby monty » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Shame about the mist on the summits Quoman. Thats a good walk though. Big walkout :D
monty

Postby quoman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:24 am

monty wrote:Shame about the mist on the summits Quoman. Thats a good walk though. Big walkout :D

Hi monty,
We like these hill's even though we hardly got any veiws, And it sure is a big walk out but enjoyable.
quoman
Mountaineer

Postby fipriestley » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Good luck with views for the hundred (and one!) Quoman! :) Beinn a'Ghlo was on my short-list for yesterday but went out to Loch Laggan instead. Also liking the Lochnagar set - planning to do this in April. Hope you get the weather, but enjoy it regardless! :lol:
fipriestley
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:77
Fionas:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland