walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi All!

Hi All!

Postby missgalbraith » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi there, i am a 22 year old female and I just love Scotland! I adore the highlands and having dabbled a little (very little) in hillwalking I have decided over the next few years I really want to get into Munro bagging (Tom Weir is my idol :wink:) ! I have previously climbed the Arrochar Alps, however I plan to begin all over again so would love to hear from you all where you think is best to start? I stay in the Glasgow area so although winter is fast approaching I would like to try and get a few done soon! Suggestions very welcome!

missgalbraith

Re: Hi All!

Postby goth_angel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi and welcome to the site! I am also female though a bit older than you, got into the walking this year - my husband is Scottish though we currently live in Kent.

You could try the Killin area, lots to do there and Ben Ghlas/ Ben Lawers have good paths the whole way.
goth_angel

Munros:101   Corbetts:9
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:85
Wainwrights:181   

Re: Hi All!

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:28 am

Hi and welcome on (the) board!

Ben Lawers is a good suggestion; another fairly straightforward one is Schiehallion.

For something just slightly more challenging and not too far from Glasgow, perhaps Beinn Dorain and Beinn an Dothaidh from Bridge of Orchy?
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...