walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

3rd time lucky Beinn Tulaichean and Cruach Adrain

3rd time lucky Beinn Tulaichean and Cruach Adrain

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 07/04/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13.2 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well as the title says this was the 3rd attempt at doing these two.The first time myself and Donny got out there and it was blowing like a hurricane so we decided not even to get out the car on the journey along that pothole ridden road we hit one and got a puncture,went to change the tyre and the spare was flat and no pump aaahh! It took a couple of hours messing about but finally someone stopped who had a pump, a fellow hillwalker, great breed of people!The second time around me Donny and Doe were half way up and the snow came in so that cancelled that one.Donny and I arrived at 8.45 hoping I could bag these two.We set of and it was ideal conditions for walking,we cut through the farm yard turned onto the road and it was'nt long before we turned for the hard slog up to the first Munro not quite mountain fit yet so was starting to feel it in the calfs.We got to the top at 11.10 had a bite to eat and headed for Cruach Ardrain at 11.30 the temprature was droping and cloud was coming in.We got to Cruach Ardrain at 12.15 and was surrprised that we got there that quick.While there we bumped into a guy who had come up from sussex and was spending the weekend doing Munro's he'd drove up himself and his friends did'nt get it he says "you either love mountains or you don't" RESPECT! Me and Donny started to head back and the day would'nt be complete without me having my customely fall.Half way down slip on a bit of wet grass and go flying and slide down a couple of feet ok but bag a bit wet hounestly dont know how I am still alive lol. Got back to the car at 2.45 and well nackered. We didn't give up after the last two and got the rewards on this day.
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

Re: 3rd time lucky Beinn Tulaichean and Cruach Adrain

Postby mgmt! » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm

well done peter, third time lucky.
mgmt!
Mountaineer

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:21 am

mgmt! wrote:well done peter, third time lucky.

cheers mate jack black still working hahaha!
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

Postby DarrenJeffrey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I done tuliachen yesterday. Was very wet, cold and windy. Well done on getting them bagged. I found the walk in very boring I have to say. Just a slow trudge up a land rover track :(
DarrenJeffrey
Munro compleatist

Munros:141   Corbetts:10
Fionas:8   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:20   

Postby tomyboy73 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm

well done, i too had problems with these two, as for boring , a walk is what you make it :D

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15947
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:186   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland