walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Germany

Hello from Germany

Postby LandyAndy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Hello,
my name is Andreas and i am from Germany.
As you see in my nickname, i own a LandRover.
My wife and me visited 2008, the 6th time the Isle of Skye.
Last year we have done the Quiraing walk, beginning in good conditions and then suddenly the weather
turned into mist. It was awful.

This year we walked a bit in the Cuillins. Fantastic !
For next year in May another trip to Skye is planned. We want to go up to Coire Lagan, also to the
top of Marsco.

Absolut interresting community over here !

Bye
Andreas
LandyAndy

Re: Hello from Germany

Postby martyn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Hello Andreas.
It sounds as if it was the route descriptions for walking in Skye that might have drawn you in to this site.
There's a syndrome called "Skye fever" - an irresistible urge to keep returning to Skye, despite the rain and midgies.
It looks like you have contracted it as well. Fortunately, it seems to be incurable.
Once you've enjoyed Coire Lagan, I'd recommend Coir a'Grunddha nearby.
I thought my drive from Kent to Skye three times a year was a labour of love - but from Germany in a Land Rover (great vehicles but not noted for comfort on long journeys) is very very impressive.
There's a saying that if you don't like the weather on Skye, just wait 20 minutes........
I look forward to bumping into you on the Cuillin Ridge next May.
Best wishes
Martyn
martyn
Munro compleatist

Re: Hello from Germany

Postby wandererjon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:33 pm

I would also recommend Coire a Ghrundda, the colour of the water in the lochan was something else!! The views are tremendous too. I also can relate to "Skye Fever", but there can be some lovely weather (occasionaly) and when it is the island shines 8) :lol:
wandererjon

Munros:4   
Fionas:12   
Hewitts:15

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...