walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Just saying Hello

Just saying Hello

Postby edmunro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:52 pm

Another Hello today. Joined the site this weekend, it looks very good. I like the map feature, and the way this links into the Munros you've climbed, and routes / maps.
edmunro

Munros:24   
Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:15   

Re: Just saying Hello

Postby bigbertie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 pm

ed, welcome - is that your real name? Are you descended from the great man?

It reminds me of some other appropriate names I came across in my climbing days - Julie Ann Clima (who is a climber) Chris Craggs (writes guide books to crags) and a Mr Mountain (in my local mountaineering club).

Anyhow, have a good time - maybe see you in the hills or glens (or pubs), Bigbertie (not my real name)
bigbertie

Postby edmunro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Ha, no it's not. Afraid I can't claim any link to the great man, other than a liking for the hills!

Not sure why I went for a pseudonym, but in these days of online privacy concerns. A former employer once searched a colleagues names in google and found rants on some mailing list about drunken escapades and hating work (wasn't me!). I don't want my boss finding out the reason I'm falling asleep at my desk on a Monday morning!

Hope it's considered appropriate here, I'm on a Java programming site where you're not allowed to use fake names or if you do you're asked to make the fake realistic.

To introduce myself better, I'm 29, live in Leeds. Not really munro bagging, but keeping a list just in case ;)
Climbed 20 Munros in 12 years, so it would take a while. Next trip north is going to be in January I think to Glen Orchy.
edmunro

Munros:24   
Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:15   

Postby Paul Webster » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 am

Any name is fine by me unless it's actually offensive!! (or pretending to be someone else)

Not really Munro-bagging, but keeping a list eh?

Hope you have a great time in January. Certainly blow away those new year hangovers.
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...