walkhighlands

This board is for meeting up, whether it means arranging group walking trips, or just looking for a partner for your next walk or sharing a lift. There is also a club directory.
Warning Feel free to use this board to arrange to meet up with other walkers, either individually or for a particular walk, or for a larger get together over a weekend. The usual precautions are advised when arranging to meet individuals you have not previously met.

Please note that meetups are NOT arranged by Walkhighlands and everyone who arranges to meet for a walk using this board is responsible for their own safety. Please ensure you do not attempt a walk beyond your own abilities.

Hiking partner Rum 2nd half of July?

Hiking partner Rum 2nd half of July?

Postby Lenore » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Hey there!

I'm off to Rum for about 2 weeks in the second half of July. As I'm traveling alone I'm hoping to be able to hook up with some other hikers once there. I don't mind walking alone, but it's much more fun with someone else. Also, I wouldn't do any peaks on my own. So if you're planning to hike on Rum around that time and wouldn't mind meeting up for a hike or two, drop me a line; I'd love to hear from you!

Regards,
Lenore
Lenore
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Hiking partner Rum 2nd half of July?

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, did someone say "rum"? Oh, that kind of rum.... sounds like Midgie Torment Hell at that time of year.
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby orion » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, did someone say "rum"? Oh, that kind of rum.... sounds like Midgie Torment Hell at that time of year.

That`s why I`m going tomorrow morning :D Forecast out on the islands is quite good.

I`m sure you won`t lack for hillwalking company at that time of year Lenore.
orion

Postby Lenore » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, did someone say "rum"? Oh, that kind of rum.... sounds like Midgie Torment Hell at that time of year.

Yes, probably so. I'm hoping for a very windy (but sunny) week, optimist that I am...
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby Milesy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 pm

I was just going to say that. I will come late august lol
Milesy
Stravaiging

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am

orion wrote:

That`s why I`m going tomorrow morning :D Forecast out on the islands is quite good.

I`m sure you won`t lack for hillwalking company at that time of year Lenore.

Orion? Are ye still alive? I hear Rum moved thirty yards towards Harris, the gales were so strong... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby orion » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:Orion? Are ye still alive? I hear Rum moved thirty yards towards Harris, the gales were so strong... :shock:

Monday and Tuesday were excellent. Mullach Mor on the Monday afternoon and the complete ridge traverse on the Tuesday in brilliant sunshine.Cheered me up immensely to see the mainland under a drab grey blanket :D
Wednesday on Orval and Ard Nev was a wee bit on the blowy side though.Well, a big bit really.Still managed to keep the roll and sausage down on the ferry back to Mallaig though :lol:
A small medical snippet for you. Out of 12 hips on the ridge traverse on Tuesday 30% of them were artificial :D
Maybe meet up with you again sometime ........
orion

Postby Lenore » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:45 pm

orion wrote:Monday and Tuesday were excellent. Mullach Mor on the Monday afternoon and the complete ridge traverse on the Tuesday in brilliant sunshine.Cheered me up immensely to see the mainland under a drab grey blanket :D Wednesday on Orval and Ard Nev was a wee bit on the blowy side though.

Sounds like a good hike! :D Any chance you'll be posting a report on this trip? There don't seem to be too many reports on Rum walks on the forum, and there isn't any info listed in the 'walks' section either. Which hill would you say was most worth it?
Lenore
Mountaineer

Postby orion » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Lenore wrote:Sounds like a good hike! :D Any chance you'll be posting a report on this trip? There don't seem to be too many reports on Rum walks on the forum, and there isn't any info listed in the 'walks' section either. Which hill would you say was most worth it?

I`ll eventually get round to it on my blog although it might be a few months.Currently about 15 entries behind for this year already because I can`t be bothered :D
I couldn`t really pick one hill out on it`s own as they are all pretty good.If you intend spending two weeks there you`ll have plenty of time to do them all and then pick your own favourite.There was a dutch doctor camping beside me earlier this week from just outside Zwolle :D
orion

Postby Lenore » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 pm

orion wrote:I`ll eventually get round to it on my blog although it might be a few months.Currently about 15 entries behind for this year already because I can`t be bothered :D

Looking forward to reading it! :D
Lenore
Mountaineer

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs