walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby mr_ash_37 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:38 am

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers

Date walked: 26/05/2012

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Munro number 9 and 10 for me and what a day it was....

Clear blue sky, not one cloud and approx. 26 degress....managed to avoid too much sun burn also.

Cracking day out, nice clear path. Skirted Beinn Ghlas making our way to Ben Lawers. Lunch at top with a nice breeze. A little hazy however the 'big ben nevis' was visible but does not show so good on the pic. Then made our way down and back up to Beinn Ghlas.

I will be back soon to complete the others and probably do these two again.
Attachments
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0063.JPG
DSC_0059.JPG
DSC_0053.JPG
Last edited by mr_ash_37 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr_ash_37
Munro compleatist

Munros:66   Corbetts:3

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby BoyVertiginous » Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Some cracking pics there. Did these two in early April, as part of the five. It was a decent enough day but, unfortunately, Ghlas and Lawers were in clag then and it wasn't until we got dropped down towards An Stuc that it cleared a bit and the views opened up.

The photos and reports of walks in clear conditions just make me want to go back and experience it snow and clag-free. May try a wee camp up by Lochan na Lairige in July and do them again (with the Mealls, a' Choire Leith and Corranaich, thrown in)...no guarantee of clear conditions even then though! :roll:
BoyVertiginous
Wanderer

Munros:251   Corbetts:75
Fionas:26   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:49   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:62   Islands:18

Re: Ben Lawers and Beinn Ghlas

Postby mr_ash_37 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks BoyVertiginous, first report. Short and sweet let the pics do the talking. However will work on my reports in future. Aye perfect for a wee wild camping trip these ones. My plan also for the future! Enjoy and cheeeers
mr_ash_37
Munro compleatist

Munros:66   Corbetts:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland