walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An After Work Walk - Ben Donich

An After Work Walk - Ben Donich

Postby webbie88 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Donich

Date walked: 05/06/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 6.14 km

Ascent: 554m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well after another Monday sitting in my office looking out at the lovely sunshine I though enough was enough! I had to get out on to the hills at all costs, so after a few phone calls and a quick check of the MWIS website I was ready to leave work and head for the hills ( the joys of always having a packed lightweight pack in your car :D )
tonight hill of choice was the lovely Ben Donich as I knew that on a good night I could see for miles as well as watch the sunset/moon rise

So off we set from the car park with the lovely view of what lay ahead

then off we went up the nice and easy path with a few little step parts and a nice little scramble, the walk to be honest wasnt much to talk about but the views that opened up around us where totally amazing! So rather than bore use with some long winded chat about the walk I am just going to post the pictures that where taken and hopefully they will show use all how good a hill this is to climb, especially at sunset.

thanks for looking
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

webbie88
Mountaineer

Munros:97   Corbetts:10
Fionas:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland