walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben vorlich and stuc a chroin

ben vorlich and stuc a chroin

Postby chalmers38 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 am

Date walked: 23/07/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1145m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

IMG_0072.JPG
me at top of ben vorlich
hello again time for our next blog returned to ben vorlich and stuc a chroin as my wife hadnt walked these hills before and knew she'd love them this is the third time i'd walked them and knew she would get the bug walking them :wink: it was a beautiful day when we set out from the shores of loch earn and stayed dry throughout the day for us :D it was a great day amazing views from the top lots of walkers taking advantage of the good weather only five of us in total at the top of stuc a chroin but it was late in the day passed a boy on the way down pushing his bike up good luck to him :shock: all in all great day AMAZING amanda all ready looking up our next hill she has the bug :D couple of days of now as also walked ben ledi the day before and scheihallion the day before that haha
Attachments
IMG_0080.JPG
lochan a chroin
IMG_0085.JPG
view back to ben vorlich
IMG_0077.JPG
my wife amanda at the top of stuc a chroin
IMG_0074.JPG
view of stuc a chroin
chalmers38
Bird-watcher

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: ben vorlich and stuc a chroin

Postby skuk007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 am

Good plan using these as a walk to get the wife hooked, they are a great pair of hills. How did she get on with the scrambly bit?
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Re: ben vorlich and stuc a chroin

Postby chalmers38 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 am

orite skuk007 amanda was a bit shaky half way up the rock face but made it no prob didnt put her off any as shes busy planning the next outing not having as much luck getting my 2 teenage sons in the hills though :D
chalmers38
Bird-watcher

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland