walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben ledi

ben ledi

Postby chalmers38 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:20 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Ledi

Date walked: 20/07/2012

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10.5 km

Ascent: 879m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

IMG_0069.JPG
turn left at sign for parking
hi everyone got off to a bit of a late start as we were looking for hills to walk further west as we spent to long on this we decided on staying closer to home and walking ben ledi . set off from stank road near the banks of loch luibnaig. the start of the walk is clearly marked with blue way markers up through the forrest passing a lovely water fall on the right jess my black lab was keen to get in it :D once u leave the forest there a clear path following the burn and then onto the summit where we had some great views in all directions it was a exellent view point that day and another amazing day in the hills heres some more pics :D met a really nice couple who fed jess some biscuits surprised she didnt follow them home :clap: returned back down same route pictures have uploaded back to front i'll get the hang of this yet haha :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0066.JPG
jess's watering hole
IMG_0062.JPG
ben lommond
IMG_0063.JPG
back to ben vorlich and stuc a chroin
IMG_0056.JPG
view over to the cobbler
IMG_0057.JPG
made it
IMG_0059.JPG
my wife amanda at top
IMG_0053.JPG
me and jess having a breather
IMG_0051.JPG
me on way up
IMG_0050.JPG
waterfall
IMG_0068.JPG
clearly marking the way
chalmers38
Bird-watcher

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Re: ben ledi

Postby hills » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Nice one, a good walk eh, and always very busy....
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

Re: ben ledi

Postby chalmers38 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 pm

orite hills MW yes great day for us we set off later in day so not so busy nice one :D busy busy on ben vorlich on saturday popular hills near central belt :D
chalmers38
Bird-watcher

Munros:13   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland